Woma dead

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragondragon

Reaction score
I thought she had ri no discharges or anything like that she was fine untill wednesday when she didnt want to feed i just thought it was cause she just shed so i brushed it off then yesterday i checked on her and she wasnt very active and she wasn't flicking her toung and opening her mouth so i made an appointment at the vet for today i guess its gonna be an appoinment for an autopsy now just incase it wasnt ri should i put her in the fridge or just leave her before the autopsy this afternoon thanks Adam

Sorry for your loss, hope the vet can shed some light on what happened

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

I thought she had ri no discharges or anything like that she was fine untill wednesday when she didnt want to feed i just thought it was cause she just shed so i brushed it off then yesterday i checked on her and she wasnt very active and she wasn't flicking her toung and opening her mouth so i made an appointment at the vet for today i guess its gonna be an appoinment for an autopsy now just incase it wasnt ri should i put her in the fridge or just leave her before the autopsy this afternoon thanks Adam

that is so sad to hear, my thoughts are with you mate, dont know what i would do if i lost another :(

It's just bull it escalated so quick its good to learn from mistakes but at the cost of one of my favourite animals not so good

yeah mate, when its sudden, you just feel cheated as in if it happened slower maybe there was something you could of done. Although mate dont beat yourself
up as by the sounds of it you did all of the right things. Let me know what the vet said and share exactly what happened so myself and others can hopefully learn from this grim
situation :(

If it was RI then you need to address your husbandry...

Heres hoping thats all it was.

there's been a lot of snakes dying lately I wonder if this is a virus or something. sorry for your loss

Last edited:
there's been a lot of snakes dying lately I wonder if this is a virus or something more worrying for the rest of us. sorry for your loss

When it comes to reptiles, a virus is one of the worst things that can come into your collection.

Definitely does not sound like Respiratory Infection
You would have noticed the symptoms long ago
RI is a long slow process before it becomes fatal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back