What the postman brought me

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNT

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Opened my mailbox and there she was! A mature female Flinders Ranges scorpion. I named her Edi after Ediacara where some of the oldest complex life fossils were found and where I saw quite a few of these scorps back in the 80s when I was there. Aint she lovely?

DSC_0039_edited-1.jpgDSC_0038_edited-1.jpgDSC_0040_edited-1.jpg

I love the names you give your animals, Steve. Nice scorpion!

Nice critter. I'd hate to be a male elongatus, the females would have to be the most likely to kill their mates out of all the species I've kept :lol:

Wish mum would let me get one. I've wanted a rainforest scorpion for ages!

Tell her they're not dangerous. A bee sting is much worse. Only need a small enclosure. Dont eat much. They cant climb glass so much less likely to escape than a snake or spider. And they tell really good stories :)

Awesome Urodacus Elongatus Steve. You planning to pair her up at a ny stage?

Wish mum would let me get one. I've wanted a rainforest scorpion for ages!
Why wont she let you get one? Does she have a fear of them or something?

Edit: Steve you beat me to it...
Even though, I still that think I'm fortunate that I haven't been stung by any of my lot as of yet.
Must be doing something right. Lol.

Last edited:
niceto meet someone my age. im 15. you?
I'm 17.
Tell her they're not dangerous. A bee sting is much worse. Only need a small enclosure. Dont eat much. They cant climb glass so much less likely to escape than a snake or spider. And they tell really good stories

mum just hates them and says there's no way she'll let me while I still live with her.
i quite often just feel like sneaking and getting one:lol:
dad doesn't mind them and kind of wants one as well. All depends on mum though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back