Mitchell's hopping mice info and wanting...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we have been giving them heaps of grass, but we have been using washed beach grass tussocks, is that the type you have been giving yours? where have you found/sourced yours from?

Mine bred like crazy. had to give them away for free eventually and only same sexed groups as it was fairly overwhelming keeping up with them all. I gave them free fruit and veges each night, they seemed to love it.

Oh thanks but how can you know if your mice is pregnant my mice Cecilia we suspect is pregnant so.

Hi do any of you have tunnel systems underneath the sand for them cause I'm thinking of putting some toilet rolls in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi do any of you have tunnel systems underneath the sand for them cause I'm thinking of putting some toilet rolls in there.
Hey everyone check out my YouTube account my username is australianfaunakeeper .

Mitchell's Hopping Mice colony

Hi, I got a trio of Mitchell's a couple of months ago. I'm loving them, and am wondering how the people who mentioned them earlier are going with them? Have they bred? How have you got them set up? They are the coolest things but there's hardly anything on the net about them. This morning I put some wattle flowers and a banksia flower in for them to explore. Looking forward to sharing tips! :)

I heard they're not on licence in Vic anymore. Does anyone know whether that's Internet BS or actual fact?

I heard they're not on licence in Vic anymore. Does anyone know whether that's Internet BS or actual fact?
Interesting. I just checked the taxa that may be kept on both basic and advanced licence in Vic and they weren't listed on either. Perhaps no licence at all is required?

Nifty :)
Makes sense though, you can only keep 10 of any species, you'd go past that in a heartbeat!

I'm hoping mine multiply very soon, he's certainly trying! It would be cool to know how others are keeping/feeding theirs. I gave mine a bird house (a wicker cocoon shape from Bunnings) to nest in and they love it. :)

Hey Sengelama mine are good I am planning on getting an extra female and some plains rats in the next few months they haven't Bred yet but here's a pic of mine
This is my male Cecil I have two Cecil and Cecilia I call them and for some reason I can hand feed them and handle them to.
image.jpg

Last edited:
I use white wash sand as a substrate with two mouse hides, a log, mouse wheel, and tunnels I use from toilet rolls I feed them a diet of crickets, frozen mixed veg, grass and bird seed with fresh water daily I clean the enclosure once a week-two weeks.

I've got red desert sand, tunnels under logs and hollow logs, bird house nesting huts (hopefully), and lots of fresh and dry native grasses. They also love redecorating with wattle flowers, and they eat banksia flowers. They are very amusing and so curious, but so far no young...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back