Obtaining frog eggs.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spud_meister

Reaction score
I work at a child care centre in Melbourne, and I think it would be cool to raise tadpoles into frogs, I've raised them before (illegally as a kid), so I know the husbandry requirements, but I'm not sure where to legally get the eggs from. I'm after Spotted Marsh Frogs, as they don't require the centre to get a license.

If you were local i would of helped out. Just had 2 of my females spawn over the last fortnight.

Rick

Getting frogs eggs, raising the tadpoles and getting frogs , and getting moth or butterfly eggs, raising catepillars and getting pupae and cocoons and then moths or butterflies are something every child should experience.

Just like having an ant colony to watch and care for.

Getting frogs eggs, raising the tadpoles and getting frogs , and getting moth or butterfly eggs, raising catepillars and getting pupae and cocoons and then moths or butterflies are something every child should experience.

Just like having an ant colony to watch and care for.

When I was younger we used to collect butterfly cocoons put them in a straw basket, when they emerge from the cocoon their wings are wet, so they sit their fanning them out for hours. When their wings had dried out, we would sit the basket on the window sill and watch them fly out into the world. Little, but something I will never forget.

Also an Idea, not as cool as butter flys or frogs, but I used to have heaps of sea monkeys! You can get the set ups from pet shops. The eggs come in a little sachet and you pour them into the container (supplied with set up) and when they hatch they do little performances ;) not even kidding!

Also an Idea, not as cool as butter flys or frogs, but I used to have heaps of sea monkeys! You can get the set ups from pet shops. The eggs come in a little sachet and you pour them into the container (supplied with set up) and when they hatch they do little performances ;) not even kidding!

I have never had any luck with sea-monkeys.

Another idea would be stick insects or a pair of mice to breed.

Sea monkeys are the best!!!

So are leaf insects :)

y2e4enad.jpg

I'm the only bloke in a building full of women (the joys of child care:rolleyes:). I'm pushing it for tadpoles, if I got bugs or mice they'd go insane. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back