DIY BACKGROUND 1st ATTEMPT

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDkeeper

Reaction score
Hi everyone as the title states this is my first background attempt for my pygmy bearded dragons and will have more and more pictures as i go along

The tank its going in
e8uzy7e2.jpg

Where I'm at at the moment
quhyra6u.jpg

That's exciting! Your tank looks amazing already. I can't wait to see more pics :)

y5evebuq.jpg
Just a bit of an update added some ledges and basking spot but yeah any advice with things to do with it would be greatly appreciated

y5evebuq.jpg
Just a bit of an update added some ledges and basking spot but yeah any advice with things to do with it would be greatly appreciated

Looking good :)

How heavy do your dragons get? When starting mine I got some good advice about making the ledges thicker so they're stronger and can support weight

Cause mine are pygmy beardies and there smaller than the normal pygmy i weighed them the other day and the heavier one weighed 91 grams so i think the ledges should be fine once i render it a couple of times

And don't worry i will test them once i render it so it cant fall :)

What do you guys reckon grout or render
I am leaning towards render cause its a lot thicker an that but because my background has some deep cracks and yeah

You're opinion will be read and taken into consideration

What do you guys reckon grout or render
I am leaning towards render cause its a lot thicker an that but because my background has some deep cracks and yeah

You're opinion will be read and taken into consideration

Render is easier to do, can mould it better an it can go on a lot thicker. Remember to add bondcret/PVA to your first couple think coats and rough up the foam a little.

Rick

Render is easier to do, can mould it better an it can go on a lot thicker. Remember to add bondcret/PVA to your first couple think coats and rough up the foam a little.

Rick

Will do the PVA/bondcrete thing if I end up doing the render
Thanks

Bunnings sell dunlop acrylic render for $12 a bad (20kg), this is what i used and what most others seem to use as well.

Rick

Render is cheaper and will cope with claws better. And yes, some sort of glue in the first couple of thin coats - it helps it stick to the foam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back