Business Names

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell

Reaction score
Im going into doing a little freelancing (Drafting/Designer) and decided that i should create a corporate profile to seem more professional.

The first hurdle was thinking up a business name.

So i put it to you,
What would your business be called ?

(Promise i wont steal the idea)

No idea but if you ever want to expand... Employ me! Lol. Work is so slow atm.

As an example, our business name - Virides was born out of the scientific name used for a GTP - Viridis and the 'dis' changed to 'des' to represent "Design". The GTP is not only my favourite colour, but also my favourite snake. A GTP also requires alot of specific care and that is something we try to apply to our work ethic.

Funnily enough "Virides" is latin for Dangerous, because there is a poisonous plant with a scientific name of Virides. Hmm maybe we are dangerously cool though :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, your logo and business name should reflect your targeted clientele.

FunkyMonkeyDesign would suit arty clients, younger generation, etc while InsideEdge sounds more corporate. Infact InsideEdge is the sign management company for Lion who own XXXX, Tooheys, etc. I highly doubt FunkyMonkeyDesign would be affiliated with an international company like Lion.

So a business name should reflect your personality, your business ethic and your clientele.

A long time ago I wanted to open my own restaurant "The Butch Tucker Man"

Im going into doing a little freelancing (Drafting/Designer) and decided that i should create a corporate profile to seem more professional.

The first hurdle was thinking up a business name.

So i put it to you,
What would your business be called ?

(Promise i wont steal the idea)

Maybe a word play on your own name. That way clients will quickly remember & relate to you by name...especially when it comes to referring your services to other potential clients.

Or, being a drafter/designer...you could call your business, "The Crooked Line."

My sisters name is Nicole and she wanted to own a shop called "It's Tech-nicole". :rolleyes:

Maybe a word play on your own name. That way clients will quickly remember & relate to you by name...especially when it comes to referring your services to other potential clients.

Or, being a drafter/designer...you could call your business, "The Crooked Line."

on that line wouldn't you go " Mr Squiggle "

I want to open up a shop that sells cricket gear to kids and call it 'Son Of A Pitch'.

Some of the ones i have come up with are

All Taken,
Mydesign
Medesign
Udesign

A smart **** colleague gave me a drawing of a logo with involving a zero & lightbulb. Calling the company NID / NIDS
No Idea Designs.

Some of the ones i have come up with are

All Taken,
Mydesign
Medesign
Udesign

A smart **** colleague gave me a drawing of a logo with involving a zero & lightbulb. Calling the company NID / NIDS
No Idea Designs.

my company for breeding reptiles and invertebrates its called Billy's Aussie Animals and it has my name so people rememeber

Anything really,

As a freelancer you take a person/company idea and either do a concept model or full planned drawing to allow for manufacture.
I work in the mining industry so I have done a heap on machinery.
In the past i have worked on a range of the things from industrial reelers to a toaster.

The best i ever had was a guy that invented a certain children toy and handed me a rough sketch.
Three months later it was on the shelf, was very rewarding.

A friend of mine wants to open a cream shop (body lotions, face/hand cream, that sort of stuff) and call it 'Come Cream Yourself'..

A friend of mine wants to open a cream shop (body lotions, face/hand cream, that sort of stuff) and call it 'Come Cream Yourself'..

Bahahaha that's gold!!!

Mine would be Lala Lawra Land... Maybe I need to open some sort of psychedelic hippy store or a theme park.

Bahahaha that's gold!!!

Mine would be Lala Lawra Land... Maybe I need to open some sort of psychedelic hippy store or a theme park.

Or maybe a day/child care Lawra???:D

I.D imagination design: if you can think of it we can design it. Or D.D dream design: we design anything you could dream of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back