Beardie rack system ideas?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizzalover

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Guys I'd like to try and create a rack type system with tubs to house my beardies, has any one any ideas or pics that may be of help? I have seen some of the web sites that breed professionally but are a bit reluctant to ask for help from them as rejection is my worst enemy :p

Im not a huge fan of the racking system, i like to display the animals.

I have always wanted to build a set up using something similar to the link.
Glass at the front,
Use of LED Light strips and control panel to display random cages.
Heatcord routed in and covered with a tile.

EXPEDIT Shelving unit - high-gloss red - IKEA

I'm planning on setting up a rack system this season for hatchies, so sorry no pics, but it's basically going to be a cheap shelving storage units from bunnings (quite a few types to choose from depending on the size and number of tubs required) and then just going to get my sparky brother in law to wire up some light fittings to the underside of the shelf above. The top tub will have a pair of clip on style lamps to run the uv and basking lights. Its not doing to be the prettiest setup but will do the job nicely HTH

I house my hatchies in a number of "tubs" with MVBs over them in clip on type light fixtures but as a long term solution to housing?

Attachments

• tubs.jpg
    tubs.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 110
  • tubs2.jpg
    tubs2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
7u9edy6u.jpg

Here is one of my racks for Beardies.

Status
Not open for further replies.