Peekaboo?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You assume wrong. Fuzzies have the tiniest bit of fur which when wet (I defrost in a bowl of water) doesn't seem to worry him. Something with more fur - no go even when wet.

He's due to be fed tomorrow, I suppose one day early wont matter.

Bummer with the Fuzzies. All the Fuzzies ive ever bought were. ...well. ... covered in fur. Good luck with it.

3 fuzzies. Thought I might as well use them up then try bigger.

Bummer with the Fuzzies. All the Fuzzies ive ever bought were. ...well. ... covered in fur. Good luck with it.

Lol yeah sorry I meant fur that sticks up and stuff if that makes sense.

Gottya. Reckon when he gets hungry enough he may not be so fussy then again......;)

Womas are known to do it

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

Let him be for twice as long as his usual feeding routine and then offer him furred and he will take them out of hunger no drama's.

So I walked past Steve's enclosure tonight and he tried to launch through the glass at me.

Very weird!

He seemed really skittish so I stuck my phone in his face for a video before opening the door. He didn't try biting me or anything but I only held him long enough to replace his paper towel.

Any thoughts?

Peekaboo Mr Steve... - YouTube

That's feeding behaviour nothing more. I'd increase the size of his meal item.

The wiggly tail means excitement more than hunger as mine do it when they are near breeding and the females get excited when u introduce the males. Most womas eat anything you put out for them be it mice rats quail or even chicken necks which I don't use, give him a few weeks with o food then give him a hopper he will smash it for shore

The wiggly tail means excitement more than hunger as mine do it when they are near breeding and the females get excited when u introduce the males. Most womas eat anything you put out for them be it mice rats quail or even chicken necks which I don't use, give him a few weeks with o food then give him a hopper he will smash it for shore

Awesome :) thanks. The second vid of his wiggly tail was after being fed 3 fairly big fuzzies lol he's a guys.

Thanks for everyone's input :D

He's the biggest cutie <3

That's feeding behaviour nothing more. I'd increase the size of his meal item.

I went and bought new rats today and got a bit confused... I never realised the size difference between brands. The fuzzies that I've been feeding Steve are the same as wearers in a different brand. Is that common? So am I technically feeding him fuzzies or weaners?

I bought some small rats which are the next size up (and the same size as weaners in the other brand)

Is it possible for me to hurt Steve by feeding him something too big? Like, he's not going to force something into his mouth that he shouldn't, is he?

I got some more fuzzies(weaners?) just in case as well.

I went and bought new rats today and got a bit confused... I never realised the size difference between brands. The fuzzies that I've been feeding Steve are the same as wearers in a different brand. Is that common? So am I technically feeding him fuzzies or weaners?

I bought some small rats which are the next size up (and the same size as weaners in the other brand)

Is it possible for me to hurt Steve by feeding him something too big? Like, he's not going to force something into his mouth that he shouldn't, is he?

I got some more fuzzies(weaners?) just in case as well.

Fuzzies (called pup rats also) are rats that are not weaned from their mother. They look like little pups and their ears are down plus fur is short. Their eyes are still closed, or barely open also.Weaned rats eat food and can live away from their mother they are usually about 21 plus days of age. Their ears are up and the fur is longer. Judging from your photos, your woma looks like he should be taking a decent sized pup rat but I'd need to see a photo that shows his size clearly, to be sure. Your snake is not far from going to small weaned rats after this stage.

Fuzzies (called pup rats also) are rats that are not weaned from their mother. They look like little pups and their ears are down plus fur is short. Their eyes are still closed, or barely open also.Weaned rats eat food and can live away from their mother they are usually about 21 plus days of age. Their ears are up and the fur is longer. Judging from your photos, your woma looks like he should be taking a decent sized pup rat but I'd need to see a photo that shows his size clearly, to be sure. Your snake is not far from going to small weaned rats after this stage.

I'm glad you suggested to measure him - he's grown heaps! 7/7/13 he was 60cm and 110g. Today he's nearly 80cm! I don't have scales though, will have to invest in some...

A couple of pics - hope they give you the info needed :)

7uquru6a.jpg

ragaze4a.jpg

Edit: yay Steve! After ignoring it for the last half an hour he's finally eating his "small rat" :)

Last edited:
I'm glad you suggested to measure him - he's grown heaps! 7/7/13 he was 60cm and 110g. Today he's nearly 80cm! I don't have scales though, will have to invest in some...

A couple of pics - hope they give you the info needed :)

Edit: yay Steve! After ignoring it for the last half an hour he's finally eating his "small rat" :)

Yup I see the pics he's bigger then I guessed. He looks good! No question about it, he should be eating plus-sized small (ie weaned and grown for several days before frozen) rats of gradually increasing size.

Yup I see the pics he's bigger then I guessed. He looks good! No question about it, he should be eating plus-sized small (ie weaned and grown for several days before frozen) rats of gradually increasing size.

Cool thanks :) he got his "small rat" down and wasn't striking for more so I think I did good :) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back