weird bearded dragon hatchie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for not updating u all earlier i've been ubber busy, well its a boy and going strong i cant wait to breed him back to mum when he is ready and see what comes out,

Wow this could be amazing. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I was always told that breeding between sibs/parents/whatever else does not cause any issues with reptiles? and that wasn't by big breeders or morph breeders, it was actually by a scientist who worked with all sorts of animals (including Vens and pythons) and only bred her standard Qld black heads because she enjoyed the process.

It doesn't appear to cause the same sort of problems that it does in mammals.

Selective inbreeding can actually be beneficial to animals because certain undesirable traits can be bred out and this is done with lab rats a lot to breed in or out certain traits and keep all specimens the same for testing.

Could this be the same for food for snakes? Like rabbits to get the appropriate size without so much fat?

Could this be the same for food for snakes? Like rabbits to get the appropriate size without so much fat?
I would assume so but I am not an expert just passing on what I have read. I was under the impression that rabbits were quite lean anyway. When my mum used to cook them she always said that the dry out easily because there wasn't a lot of fat.

Yes rabbits are known for being very lean, although i have a feeling it's only for certain rabbits, not all of them. I could be wrong though. I know i've definitely seen some big floppy bunnys before haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back