Pumping Sound System for my Coastal

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marto

Reaction score
I let my Coastal Carpet (Stimpy) roam around on the tiles the other night to stretch his "legs".
He did a bit of light reading to keep his brain functioning normally.

IMG_0972a.jpg

He then made his way over to the Stereo unit and had a bit of a look as he usually does.
He has looked at it before, but never stuck his head in..

I was right behind ready to grab him if he did, and in hindsight, I should have just moved him in the first place, but no I didn't. He put his head through the porthole and hooked the bottom of his jaw over the inside edge so if I tried gently pulling him back he wasn't coming.

Not wanting to risk hurting Stimpy, I decided to let him go in, thinking ...he's way too big for that speaker anyway.... Well, he wasn't..

IMG_1026a.jpgIMG_1027a.jpg

I was a little worried about how on earth I would get him out, playing really crappy music was an idea, but thought against it. So I removed the bottom speaker, which just so happened to have a divider in there so I couldn't reach him.

It was getting late, I was ready to pull the speaker apart, then I had one more idea.
I measured up his enclosure to make sure the speaker would fit then put him and the speaker in there!

It didn't take long for him to come out .. fun times.

IMG_1029a.jpgIMG_1031a.jpgIMG_1033a.jpg

Ha! A bloke I know had a similar thing happen! His snake got out and he couldn't find him anywhere for a day or two, sat on the lounge and noticed the hole in the subwoofer thinking "nope, surely he's not in there". Got down and had a look, sure enough, there he was. Did the same thing, putting the speaker in his enclosure.

Ha! A bloke I know had a similar thing happen! His snake got out and he couldn't find him anywhere for a day or two, sat on the lounge and noticed the hole in the subwoofer thinking "nope, surely he's not in there". Got down and had a look, sure enough, there he was. Did the same thing, putting the speaker in his enclosure.

Haha, Norm, I can imagine that would certainly be worrying if a snake disappeared.
I'd be frantically looking everywhere, but the last place I'd suspect would have been the speaker!

At least if my Coastal does ever get out, I'll definitely know where to look!

Haha, Norm, I can imagine that would certainly be worrying if a snake disappeared.
I'd be frantically looking everywhere, but the last place I'd suspect would have been the speaker!

At least if my Coastal does ever get out, I'll definitely know where to look!

Similar thing to me this evening with my beardie, had him out as he likes to roam a few hours a day...
He was under our tv unit when I last saw him and a half hour later(7pm) when his lights went off I figured it was time to put him back. Went to check the tv unit and he was not there, no probs he roams... Searched the ENTIRE house for about a half hour with not a single hint of him anywhere! I figured maybe some food would entice him out so went to get his food plate from his enclosure and BAM! there he was!
I always leave his enclosure open and he'd gone and put himself to bed hahaha! Last place I'd ever think of looking for him when he's out roaming....

Similar thing to me this evening with my beardie, had him out as he likes to roam a few hours a day...
He was under our tv unit when I last saw him and a half hour later(7pm) when his lights went off I figured it was time to put him back. Went to check the tv unit and he was not there, no probs he roams... Searched the ENTIRE house for about a half hour with not a single hint of him anywhere! I figured maybe some food would entice him out so went to get his food plate from his enclosure and BAM! there he was!
I always leave his enclosure open and he'd gone and put himself to bed hahaha! Last place I'd ever think of looking for him when he's out roaming....

Wow that's awesome, it's like Chickens, they go out and usually put themselves to bed after.
I guess your beardie likes his enclosure then!

Whilst we're at it, anyone else have any amusing escapes or situations that your reptiles got themselves into?

I had a diamond go missing and while searching the house thought of the speaker. He was still a bit small at the time so I was picking up both speakers to compare weight. Ended up pulling it apart with a screw driver. Good thing I did to as he was pretty tangled up in the wires in there. I'm not sure that he would have got out unassisted if I'd left him.

My water monitor lives in a tank in my bedroom, and is a freaking Houdini. It's a big glass terrarium, but it doesn't have any ventilation apart from the mesh top, so I used to leave the sliding doors open a crack for airflow. He got out of there a few times, but usually I'd find him straight away and pop him back in. Once he went missing for 3 weeks. I wasn't too concerned because I know my bedroom is escape proof when the door is closed, which is all the time. I would go to bed at night, and I could hear him going about his business, but by the time I got the light on and got out of bed, he'd disappeared again. It wasn't until about 3 weeks later that I was cleaning out one of my bedside tables when I pulled out the bottom drawer and found him sleeping underneath the drawer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back