hatchy rack help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kitten_pheonix

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm building a hatchy rack for geckos, the tubs are 400 deep, with the heat cord I'm thinking of running 2 lines to give it the hot end, but the part I need some help with is how much spacing should I leave between the lines?

And any other tips would be great.

Thanks

Hi guys,

I'm building a hatchy rack for geckos, the tubs are 400 deep, with the heat cord I'm thinking of running 2 lines to give it the hot end, but the part I need some help with is how much spacing should I leave between the lines?

And any other tips would be great.

Thanks

25-50mm is the norm.

Rick

Just measured my True Blue rack for ya and they are 45mm apart. Gives a decent hot spot any closer your minimising the hot spot further and you'll have a gap of cool between them. 80w heatcord.

Good luck :)

From what I know the wattage is proportional to the length of the heat cord. Similarly the spacing is critical for the temperature. I'll probably run 3 lined in the back so I have the option of hitting higher temps but normally they'll be controlled by a thermostat. What kind of geckos? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back