Decent entry-level tripod

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to have a look in a couple of camera stores tomorrow to see if that helps me make my mind up. I'll let you know what I decide.

Okay, camera stores in Cairns suck. One was closed for stocktake (but didn't have much anyway, from what I could see through the window). The one that was open had a few Manfrottos and Vanguards.

I did see a Manfrotto 290 series MT293A4 model that I quite liked. It was a good size, folding down to 44 cm, and weighs 1.5 kilos. Based on that, I think the Manfrotto 190XPROB model would be too large for me to use as a portable tripod. Has anyone used the MT293A4?

Also, would you go with a three-way or a ball head?

I bought a Manfrotto 190XPROB + 804RC2 Head combo for $239 recently, that's about $50-60 off what you'd normally pay for it. Can't praise it highly enough, very sturdy, strong, not too heavy and the build quality is great. It also has a feature where you pull the centre pole all the way out, and it switches to horizontal. Very useful if doing overhead shots.

Currently Vanbar imaging is selling it on special, it's where I got mine from: Manfrotto 190XPROB+804RC2 Tripod & head SET

I know it's outside of your budget, but if you spend a little more now, you'll save in the long term. These things last a lifetime if you treat them well.

I have the same tripod as above but with a ball head instead of pan and tilt. Nice and sturdy and fairly flexible in its use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back