First time taking Ekans around town

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidence may help this discussion :) In the most friendly way, I disagree with you.
[Images Removed]

Are you sure you want that sort of information (i.e. your full name + email address) available for everyone to see on a public forum ?

Before anyone starts flaming or abusing the thread starter it needs to be noted that he resides in the US.

I don't think anyones done that, I think the thread has more steered to the legalities surrounding reps leaving their designated premises here in Aus...

Are you sure you want that sort of information (i.e. your full name + email address) available for everyone to see on a public forum ?

Ah damn I feel like such a n00b I'm usually all over it... Anonymity: gone haha.

Ah damn I feel like such a n00b I'm usually all over it... Anonymity: gone haha.

It happens to the best of us, though it isn't too late to remove them, if that is what you want.

Evidence may help this discussion :) In the most friendly way, I disagree with you.

cEE5U2e.jpg

4uvagupy.jpg

State Government money making scam.....

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what you need from Qid, you also need permit to take a reptile into NSW. You need to apply for permits from NSW parks as well.

That's what you need from Qid, you also need permit to take a reptile into NSW. You need to apply for permits from NSW parks as well.

Oh bugger. This trip to visit the family is turning out to be a costly one...

Maybe I'll focus my energies on convincing my partner to take care of Steve while I'm away and only go for a week or two.

Does anyone know why I'm not allowed to check Steve in as a pet on an airline and have to get him "freighted"?

Passenger flights won't take any exotic pets only cats and some breeds of dogs.

You would have to phone NSW licencing as well to get their opinion keeping in mind you would not be appropriately licenced for that state which would make applying for a permit through them difficult. As it is only temporary I'm guessing a few weeks, they may ok it.

DEHP will happily take the $13.85 off you though even if NSW don't ok it.

Passenger flights won't take any exotic pets only cats and some breeds of dogs.

You would have to phone NSW licencing as well to get their opinion keeping in mind you would not be appropriately licenced for that state which would make applying for a permit through them difficult. As it is only temporary I'm guessing a few weeks, they may ok it.

DEHP will happily take the $13.85 off you though even if NSW don't ok it.

Passenger flights do take reptiles,you can either take them accompanied or not.

Didn't a movement advice only cost $1.00 or so in QLD not that long ago? In NSW it is $30.

Passenger flights do take reptiles,you can either take them accompanied or not.

Didn't a movement advice only cost $1.00 or so in QLD not that long ago? In NSW it is $30.

Which airline? Virgin and I are going around in circles, Tiger says no, Jerstar says no, Quantas are too damn expensive...

Which airline? Virgin and I are going around in circles, Tiger says no, Jerstar says no, Quantas are too damn expensive...
Why are you taking a snake on a holiday? Getting a snake sitter is a much better option.

How long are you going to be away for? unless its a significant amount of time I wouldnt really bother taking the snake, it'll cost you a fortune. Plus there are the issues with housing while away. Im sure with some basic training your partner will be able to look after it.

Why are you taking a snake on a holiday? Getting a snake sitter is a much better option.

Not really a holiday lol. My sister is having her first baby and I'm not sure how long I'm going to be down there for. I'm weighing up all the options.

Pretty sure your snake would prefer to stay home where he is comfortable. He probably doesn't care about the impending birth:)

You should just leave the snake with your partner. You need to just trust that your snake will be alright with someone else who knows what to do. ATM I'm having to deal with having my little buddy, Greg, my little monitor, being gone for a few weeks, while he gets vet treatment along way away.. So I can't even visit him :( it's not easy not being there to make sure he is all good. But he will be back soon and better than ever!
As long as you let your partner know what to do, everything will be fine!

All your partner really has to do is feed once a week, clean once a week, and make sure there is always fresh water available. (And check temps regularly if you don't have thermostat, which you should have anyway). Simple really and causes much less stress to the snake and saves the hassle of organising and paying for permits.

Womas are pretty hardy, I'm sure your partner is capable of looking after one snake for a couple of weeks :) Even if he isn't there are probably a few herp nuts in your area who will happy to snake sit for you whilst you are away :)

Your snake will be fine for a month or two without food as long as the water is changed on a regular basis.

Edit. I do not agree with parading reptiles around town like you have, I think reptiles should be more looked at than handled.

Last edited:
Your snake will be fine for a month or two without food as long as the water is changed on a regular basis.

Edit. I do not agree with parading reptiles around town like you have, I think reptiles should be more looked at than handled.

Ooo :) thank you! That helps heaps.

Edit: That made it sound like I do. I don't, I said that in my first post.

You should just leave the snake with your partner. You need to just trust that your snake will be alright with someone else who knows what to do. ATM I'm having to deal with having my little buddy, Greg, my little monitor, being gone for a few weeks, while he gets vet treatment along way away.. So I can't even visit him :( it's not easy not being there to make sure he is all good. But he will be back soon and better than ever!
As long as you let your partner know what to do, everything will be fine!

Sorry to hear about Greg, I hope he gets better soon.

Should I have mentioned that my partner doesn't like snakes? Lol.

Last edited:
Taking your snake out to get attention?? In what way does this benefit him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back