Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The upsetting moment when you realise your Uni text books that will will only be used for 1 year cost more than two new python babies who will hopefully live for 20+ years.

Couple weeks ago I pulled all my ligiments in my foot, dislocated my ankle and popped several blood vessels. After two weeks off back at work. Haven'tclocked on yet and already in pain just from walking from the car into work. God I'm over it. =(

Scumbags , who I hope are not on here --but probably are -- on the fb page of a pet store , bagging a picture of a couple of beardies , while another person is trying to ask questions about purchasing a lizard . All fixed now --But Really ???? Grow Up !!!!:twisted::evil:

The upsetting moment when you realise your Uni text books that will will only be used for 1 year cost more than two new python babies who will hopefully live for 20+ years.

I feel your pain. I just finished my first year of college last week. I can't believe how much money I've spent on books alone. I spent over 100$ on a online program for English that my teacher never had us use. The worst part about it is I can return it. On top of that I have to pay 2$ a day for parking. To top it all off my truck has a gas guzzling V8. Gas prices in Cali is over 4.50$ a gallon. I can't win.

Ok here goes:
for the last week at my uni, there have been a great deal of grey teals (ducks) wandering around and looking after nest sites. Coming from a family of bird breeders I understand that leaving them alone is critical due to their defensive behaviour. However they have been both swooping and chasing me on the ground all week, sometimes covering 100m just to get to me despite there being other people a whole lot closer. Deciding that perhaps I needed karma to fix this, I stopped traffic on the university road to allow some ducks to cross.. My thanks? A duck not swooping but flying straight at my face full speed this morning when I walked within 50m of them. I'm over these damn ducks!

I'm sick as a dog.
I've been in bed for three days straight.
Rather then come over and see if I'm okay, the boyfriend would rather go out and get drunk even though we haven't seen each other in a week.

^^ smart boy :) . he knows your sick and unhappy . seeing him will only get you angry and there goes the neighbourhood !!:lol:

Do you buy uni texts from the bookshop? Always check if you can get a cheaper price online first. A site called Booko helps with that. I've often found texts for half the price they are in Australia.

Right. Whats with these scumbags on gumtree I'm sick of reading about people that want to "get rid" or their pets or they "need em gone" or their kids have "lost interest". People should do some research before they buy any animal and a snake is not a pet for a kid considering its a 20-30 year commitment a child can not make a decision like that. Then theres people that want to swap their pet for another pet, why the hell would you want to swap your pet I can't believe some of the things I read on there. Today theres a retard that can't even spell correctly asking for someone to swap her 3 year old snake for a "baby" one. Does this person not realise they ALL grow up or are they happy to keep swapping pets every few years. Wake the hell up australia animals are a responibility not a decoration or a toy. Anyway thats my whinge for the day lol :)

Right. Whats with these scumbags on gumtree I'm sick of reading about people that want to "get rid" or their pets or they "need em gone" or their kids have "lost interest". People should do some research before they buy any animal and a snake is not a pet for a kid considering its a 20-30 year commitment a child can not make a decision like that. Then theres people that want to swap their pet for another pet, why the hell would you want to swap your pet I can't believe some of the things I read on there. Today theres a retard that can't even spell correctly asking for someone to swap her 3 year old snake for a "baby" one. Does this person not realise they ALL grow up or are they happy to keep swapping pets every few years. Wake the hell up australia animals are a responibility not a decoration or a toy. Anyway thats my whinge for the day lol :)

Haha, I rembered seeing a python ad on Gumtree once....
"Need Gone ASAP as I can't afford the costs of keeping and feeding it.... Will swap for a python of equal value or monitor lizard" :facepalm:

Lol that would be right, also the amout of dogs on there that people are trying to give away is shocking, I wish I lived on a farm I'd take em all home the poor things :( some people don't deserve to own pets or breed them.

Here's what I got up to today:

995456_10201640528157578_1896690011_n.jpg

969096_10201641737027799_963758725_n.jpg

Obviously it had to happen whilst I was at Tafe and actually need to write a lot of stuff down. Had to go see the apprentice coordinator at work to get a different block sorted.

Also, the cast is huge. It's like I broke my wrist haha.

I was gonna ask for pics ..... damn that wouldn't have tickled

It wasn't the worst really. Have had 1st degree burns, broken arm and collarbone so this was a small injury haha. Actually managed to push my bike home and drive myself to 2 different hospitals (the first didn't have xray) so feeling quite manly :D

Thursday I have to go see an orthopedic surgeon to find out if I need a plate put in. The break is in an awkward place so there's a chance the bone won't stay where it should. Almost had to have pins when I broke my arm and almost had to have grafts when I got burnt (am I luckily unlucky?)

Anyway, took the bandage and half cast off about an hour ago because it didn't feel quite right, the bandages were coming a bit loose and the padding between my fingers had sort of fallen down so I tightened it up a bit and moved the padding back. Got some interesting bruises starting to show up but my finger looks a lot straighter (still very swollen though)

1098199_10201652085206497_384835156_n.jpg

It wasn't the worst really. Have had 1st degree burns, broken arm and collarbone so this was a small injury haha. Actually managed to push my bike home and drive myself to 2 different hospitals (the first didn't have xray) so feeling quite manly :D

Thursday I have to go see an orthopedic surgeon to find out if I need a plate put in. The break is in an awkward place so there's a chance the bone won't stay where it should. Almost had to have pins when I broke my arm and almost had to have grafts when I got burnt (am I luckily unlucky?)

Anyway, took the bandage and half cast off about an hour ago because it didn't feel quite right, the bandages were coming a bit loose and the padding between my fingers had sort of fallen down so I tightened it up a bit and moved the padding back. Got some interesting bruises starting to show up but my finger looks a lot straighter (still very swollen though)

View attachment 294681

Solid effort mate! *thumbs up* I would cry if I crashed my bike - only coz it would cost way too much to fix.

Solid effort mate! *thumbs up* I would cry if I crashed my bike - only coz it would cost way too much to fix.

Haha, well the most expensive fix I'm looking at is $50 for a couple of LED indicators so I've come off lightly. :D

Haha, well the most expensive fix I'm looking at is $50 for a couple of LED indicators so I've come off lightly. :D

Very! Good to hear :) now get yourself better so you can get back on it lol. My fairing's a bit cracked but that's from some idiot bumping into it when it was parked.

Very! Good to hear :) now get yourself better so you can get back on it lol. My fairing's a bit cracked but that's from some idiot bumping into it when it was parked.

Ahh, there's the difference, no fairing on mine. Plus bikes were made to last in 1990 haha.

If I have pins or a plate put in I'll take more pictures to gross my missus out with and then post them here :D

Ahh, there's the difference, no fairing on mine. Plus bikes were made to last in 1990 haha.

If I have pins or a plate put in I'll take more pictures to gross my missus out with and then post them here :D

Ooo we love gross pics!

What bike do you have?

Edit: mine's 1997 does that count? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back