Strange carpet????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus20

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys needa hand with this guy hopefully sum1 cn tell me wat type he is.ive been told that hes jst another carpet but i think he was wrong.anyway any ideas would b good cheers

Attachments

• 20130626_145051.jpg
    20130626_145051.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 432
Looks like a Caramel Coastal to me but I'll admit I don't know Coastal variations very well

Yup, just an other carpet. A nice one I must admit

Hey guys needa hand with this guy hopefully sum1 cn tell me wat type he is.ive been told that hes jst another carpet but i think he was wrong.anyway any ideas would b good cheers

What do you believe he is? What was he sold to you as?

I agree with saximus. Looks like a caramel coastal with heavily reduced pattern maybe? :?

It almost looks like an ATB, nice animal.

What do you believe he is? What was he sold to you as?

He was sold to me as a " Nice" coastal carpet. But I've had a bit of experience in carpets and have never seen one like him. When I first got him he was completey brown with a scattering of black dots and now he's got light brown stripes and more black dots so I have no idea really. Not even sure he's a carpet. Could be a strange pseudechis morph hahaha. Which I doubt he bit me a couple of times and I'm still kicking

It almost looks like an ATB, nice animal.[/QUOTE]

ATB???

Can you post a full body picture?

Yea I'll post a better pic when he's awake he's still snoozin in his hide

Haha, Amazon Tree Boa. Illegal here in Aus but the colour looks so close to some of the brown ones. I highly doubt you'd have one though, I was just putting it out there :)

its a caranel coastal imo heres a pic of mine to compare

Attachments

• IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 191
Are caramel coastals found in the wild?
you could find light coloured coastals like that in the wild as they pop up in normal clutches in captivity but those normally turn out looking like average coastals

then there is the caramel morph that is bred in captivity , hard to say what your animal is as there is no proof of it being either

i am curious though , why do you wonder if they are found in the wild , this isnt a wild caught animal , is it ?

And if it was a wild one? It's not I bought him off a breeder who reckoned it was a carpet python.have no idea how he came to that decision think he was goin off head shape.

And if it was a wild one? It's not I bought him off a breeder who reckoned it was a carpet python.have no idea how he came to that decision think he was goin off head shape.
well if he is infact a breeder he probably came to that decision because he put two coastal carpet pythons together and they had a clutch

'reckoned it was a carpet python' sounds pretty suspicious. A breeder or anyone selling a python would know what it is based on what it is written as in their record book.

Hinterland area....whats this snake..... breeder thinks it was a plain carpet.

Really cant see an issue. What did you put it on your license as?

Hinterland area....whats this snake..... breeder thinks it was a plain carpet.

Really cant see an issue. What did you put it on your license as?

I just put it down as a Morelia splilota in my record book.

Last edited by a moderator:

If the breeder has no real details of the lineage I suggest that could be because it may be a jag sibling
Seen a few overseas looking like that
Lovely carpet anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back