Blaxland ridge locale diamond

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitttownboy

Reaction score
image.jpgOne of my yearling hold backs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 249
Very nice m8, i love the brilliant Rosettes they stand out in contrast like the gosford locale's do only more so. :) ..................................Ron

whats the story behind the line? ''Blaxland ridge''

There is a small isolated pocket at a place called kurrajong hills and now there is diamond hill estate a expensive housing area named after the local natives. These animals are in my opinion different from Gosford lines. When people breed my offspring in years to come they will know specific area parents came from.

Does that mean the parents were wild-caught?
Yes great grandparents were wild caught these are 3rd gen and 4th gen babies, didn't everyone go and load up before amnesty, some were wires never to be released animals that I managed to breed even with massive scaring etc

It's becoming an interesting phenomenon amongst the newer keepers... if conscientious breeders have actually maintained locale-specific animals and dedicated their time and integrity to breeding them over generations, and then share their efforts with us, they are automatically suspected of having taken animals from the wild in recent times.

Unfortunately APS has a reservoir of pious, self-righteous caretakers of reptile morality... WHAT??? YOU TOOK THE PARENTS FROM THE WILD 20 YEARS AGO??? YOU SHOULD BE SHOT AT DAWN... But how many of them hanker for examples of the latest overseas imports to hit town? All those gorgeous Jags, Granites and Zebras... how can you possibly do without them now that they're available and you don't have to smuggle them yourself?

Sorry, quite off-topic, but really you protectors of public morals... get a life.

Jamie

Yes I admit I took snakes outta wild when I was younger, I'm off to the bridge to jump as my conscience has the better of me, what? Did you say some people are getting permits as we talk to do exact same thing in the name of science, how many RSP have been returned to wild as a conservation method, if Oenpelliensis were caught how many would be returned to wild in later years after they are bred

It's becoming an interesting phenomenon amongst the newer keepers... if conscientious breeders have actually maintained locale-specific animals and dedicated their time and integrity to breeding them over generations, and then share their efforts with us, they are automatically suspected of having taken animals from the wild in recent times.

Unfortunately APS has a reservoir of pious, self-righteous caretakers of reptile morality... WHAT??? YOU TOOK THE PARENTS FROM THE WILD 20 YEARS AGO??? YOU SHOULD BE SHOT AT DAWN... But how many of them hanker for examples of the latest overseas imports to hit town? All those gorgeous Jags, Granites and Zebras... how can you possibly do without them now that they're available and you don't have to smuggle them yourself?

Sorry, quite off-topic, but really you protectors of public morals... get a life.

Jamie

it would have been a very difficult hobby for any of us to get in to if none had ever been taken from the wild. Best we could do is build an enclosure, place it in the lounge room with the door open and hope an animal chose to move in.

Yes I admit I took snakes outta wild when I was younger, I'm off to the bridge to jump as my conscience has the better of me, what? Did you say some people are getting permits as we talk to do exact same thing in the name of science, how many RSP have been returned to wild as a conservation method, if Oenpelliensis were caught how many would be returned to wild in later years after they are bred

I gather that, as far as Oenpellis are concerned, Gavin has in place arrangements to cover all contingencies, including the possibility of releasing animals back into their habitat. As far as Roughies are concerned, release prior to the Cane Toad invasion might be a bit risky, given that youngsters probably eat frogs...

Jamie

Yes great grandparents were wild caught these are 3rd gen and 4th gen babies, didn't everyone go and load up before amnesty, some were wires never to be released animals that I managed to breed even with massive scaring etc

Thanks for not taking offense. It was the number of generations since being wild-caught that I was curious about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back