Dealing with customers..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most, not all.

I joined the railways 15 years ago and after a couple of years dealing with the delinquents, I became a train driver. Now I get to see all their happy faces on their way to work and they get to see my happy face coz I'm on the way home! :)

People are onary, nasty, self centred, ignorant, untrustworthy, I used to be very trusting but I learnt these things the hard way , a people person I AM NOT.

Give me a nice hard, or even better, an impossibly intractable engineering problem to get my teeth into and find a solution to and I'm a very happy camper, ask me to deal with people and I'm not.
I tried working in sales at one time, didn't like it (being nice to everyone is not me, got a low tolerance for OTHER PEOPLE'S stupidity) , I've worked as a shift supervisor and a manager (didn't like dealing with interpersonal issues and staff issues), tried teaching too and don't get me started on high school kids and I think of them, and of high school teachers either))..

Last edited:
I find that the most annoying customers are often the Elderly. They always argue about everything and never take my answer as the truth, even if it is. I know we're supposed to respect our elders and all that jazz but some are just rude.

The 2nd most annoying customers are the people that argue about cigarette prices (or things in general), they can't seem to accept that we're not the ones slapping a huge tax on them and demand immediately that we change them.

i work for optus you'd be surprized of what ive seen and been told.
i have personall been threated to have the [expletive deleted] beaten out of me, ive had people say if i come to your store and put a gun to your head i bet youd be able to do this with my account. that and just completely idotic people abussing me and staff for something stupid they did

Last edited by a moderator:
i work for optus you'd be surprized of what ive seen and been told.
i have personall been threated to have the [expletive deleted] beaten out of me, ive had people say if i come to your store and put a gun to your head i bet youd be able to do this with my account. that and just completely idotic people abussing me and staff for something stupid they did
Only one way to deal with abusive cretins like that, note their name and the phone number and make a complaint to 1) your boss AND 2) the cops, and make sure the police charge them.

The magistrates and police take a very dim view of anyone threatening to "put a gun to someone's head" or otherwize threatening violence.

Last edited by a moderator:
the guy who threated to bash me instore was taken away by security
the other guy was just nuts coz his business partner used the internet on their phone over sea's which is really costly adn added an extra $1500 to the bill and wannted me to just waive the charges

The most frustrating thing is dealing with people on the phone who insist on a quote & yet don't know what they exactly want. I usually respond by telling them to call their local supermarket, ask "How much the food is?" & see what response they get.
Another pet-peeve is people who want to make bookings over the phone but the moment you tell them they need to leave a deposit,they quickly change their minds.

Isn't the KFC thing quite straight forward simple, so why so many cranky customers and what are they complaining about.

Probably the best thing is to identify what issues are causing the most frequent complaints, and fix them.

Get trained out the back and cook my chicken. Why you being such a counter person ? That's for girls

Last time I checked the money was worst then maccas.....

Last edited:
Get trained out the back and cook my chicken. Why you being such a counter person ? That's for girls

I am trained out the back but I wanted more shifts so I got trained counter. I do both.

Isn't the KFC thing quite straight forward simple, so why so many cranky customers and what are they complaining about.

Probably the best thing is to identify what issues are causing the most frequent complaints, and fix them.

People get snarky and rude just because they are having a bad day or are in a hurry and expect you to give them their food within five seconds of taking the order.

Gender specific roles? *raises eyebrows*

People get snarky and rude just because they are having a bad day or are in a hurry and expect you to give them their food within five seconds of taking the order.

I get grummy too when I'm on a lunch break or in a hurry and my fast food is slow to arrive or even worse , my order is mucked up and I have to waste my valuable to go back and queue again to complain and get it rectified , and all can see inside are staff in the "takeaway place" flurting with each other and other similarly aged customers and wasting time doing Nothing and socializing with other than doing what they are paid to do.
Work faster, give better service, smile and cut the crap, problem solved.

If you don't like the job or the customers , quit.

Last edited:
I get grummy too when I'm on a lunch break or in a hurry and my fast food is slow to arrive or even worse , my order is mucked up and I have to waste my valuable to go back and queue again to complain and get it rectified , and all can see inside are staff in the "takeaway place" flurting with each other and other similarly aged customers and wasting time doing Nothing and socializing with other than doing what they are paid to do.
Work faster, give better service, smile and cut the crap, problem solved.

If you don't like the job or the customers , quit.

If you expect your order to be perfect every time then you'd probably want to suggest they get robots, humans make mistakes.

EDIT: I agree with the mucking around and doing nothing though, that happens.

Last edited:
Hot chicks sell KFC Greasy faced dudes don't....

When I walk into a KFC the last thing I ever think about is 'I hope I get served by a hot chick."
I don't give a stuff who takes my order or gives it to me, as long as I get what I ordered in the end.

The ONLY thought that usually goes through my head is "Original or Hot 'n' Spicy?"

If you expect your order to be perfect every time then you'd probably want to suggest they get robots, humans make mistakes.

EDIT: I agree with the mucking around and doing nothing though, that happens.

Lol it's fast food not rocket science.

Lol it's fast food not rocket science.

I'm not saying that it is? I just said humans make mistakes so sometimes you can mess it up. You must be perfect if you can say you've never been doing a mundane task and you've forgotten something.

I'm not saying that it is? I just said humans make mistakes so sometimes you can mess it up. You must be perfect if you can say you've never been doing a mundane task and you've forgotten something.

No need to be so defensive. I put "lol" doesn't that mean it's meant in jest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back