Whose snake is the biggest wuss?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they do show a bond today when my room mate asked to see my snake to get over her fear (I was kinda reluctant) i took the opportunity to clean out his water and when I moved away he kinda stuck his head towards me as if he didn't want me to leave

Snakes are highly alert creatures. You probably moved to quickly and it was seeing what type of threat you are. My snakes do that all the time.

Alot of you are describing normal snake behavior.

My Snake only likes to come out when he knows we're not in the room, and before that he just pops his head out to check if we're around haha its so cute. But once I handle him he is fine, no dramas at all :)

My snake scared him self with his own tail today :/

My Children's python is an adorable little thing, she headbutts me when I make her grumpy. Which is often.

My woma loves going out exploring on the grass but my coastal not so much, I put him down and sit down near him and he comes straight back and hides under my legs the sook, I don't take him outside very much anymore lol

In the past I've worked with snakes in public education. A frequent response of snakes being handed over to 'strangers' is that they come straight back to the handler if they are close by....??

Not an answer, just a question :)

I don't think it's a friendly thing per se. I do think they might begin to associate your smell with not being a threat. My Spotted doesn't bite except for one time I forgot to wash my hands well after feeding my Bredli, but he snapped at my girlfriend's friend as soon as she came close.

I'd say it's a bit like fish, mine associate someone walking up to the tank holding a white bowl with food (weirdly it's only white, I've tried it with others), obviously they can't smell me but if they could I assume it'd be the same food response if they got used to my smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back