black mamba pic

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brian76

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My first time posting!! Just had to share this pic. My wife's uncle in Namibia with a black mamba. Not something id do!!!

Attachments

• black mamba.jpg
    black mamba.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
My first time posting!! Just had to share this pic. My wife's uncle in Namibia with a black mamba. Not something id do!!!

I would advise your wife to spend as much time with her uncle as she can while he is still here.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Cool pic, but I'm not sure if I think your wife's uncle is awesome or an idiot!

Lovely snake, great pic!

The flip side.

Attachments

• resizer[4].jpg
    resizer[4].jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 233
Good on him, Mambas are an often misunderstood Elapid.

Not by my former boss, a South African biologist who rated his experiences with them as more frightening than armed roadblocks and angry bull elephants!

Definitely can't dispute their reputation when annoyed as well as having a quick temper but have also known folks (an uncle being one) who has kept them for years without experiencing their bad side.

Regardless, I suppose its all down to the experience of the individual at the end of the day, I can only speak second hand :)

Cool pic, but I'm not sure if I think your wife's uncle is awesome or an idiot!
Yeah.....not to sure myself??? Funny thing is a while back I sent him some pics of my kids handling our snakes. One of which is a fair sized coastal. The reply I got was a very stern warning of how dangerous large snakes can be!!!

Me too!

Definitely can't dispute their reputation when annoyed as well as having a quick temper but have also known folks (an uncle being one) who has kept them for years without experiencing their bad side.

Regardless, I suppose its all down to the experience of the individual at the end of the day, I can only speak second hand :)

I once had the opportunity to hook and tail a 3 meter plus female Black mamba and it was the only snake that I had handled that made every hair on my body was stand up!! The way they look at you, almost waiting for a mistake. Awesome animals!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back