DIY BACKGROUND 1st ATTEMPT

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks and what do you guys reckon, a more yellowish reddish background for a desert tank or a more brown black background for a rainforest/bush land tank??

Need some ideas and as usual any will be much appreciated

If you can't be bothered looking at the first page here's a photo of the tank it's going in
7aby6ene.jpg

I'd use a more lighter brown colour as they come from the black soil plains, abit like the colour they are if that helps any, with abit of dry grass and abit of sun bleached timber for them to climb on, looks good.

I'd use a more lighter brown colour as they come from the black soil plains, abit like the colour they are if that helps any, with abit of dry grass and abit of sun bleached timber for them to climb on, looks good.

Thanks and yeah i want to set it up so it looks like exactly where they come from so once i put the background in i will be changing it
Thanks for the advice:)

Well its not exactly the brown i was going for but now that its in there i reckon it looks pretty bloody awesome even with the multi colours that people were talking about in another thread
ura7u4ez.jpg

Well its not exactly the brown i was going for but now that its in there i reckon it looks pretty bloody awesome even with the multi colours that people were talking about in another thread
ura7u4ez.jpg

Is that UVB on the left? I would raise it up a little higher.

Background looks pretty functional for getting them up higher.

Rick

Now if they need more UVB they can get up on the ledge and lay under it.

Rick

Yeah that is good thinking
I was going to do that before you said it but didn't know how it would've looked because iv tried it before but now it looks good so thanks :)

Now if they need more UVB they can get up on the ledge and lay under it.

Rick

And just if you're wondering where my male is in this photo you can kinda see his tail in the light on the right but I've put something there now so he can't get out :)

It looks fantastic! What did you end up sealing it with?

I don't think my female realised the uv was below the top of the tank haha

yzaduda3.jpg

Nothing i just spray painted does the sealing make it easier to clean or just help with cleaning

Cool of never considered that. What sort of spray paint?

Some cheap $10 non toxic called "squirts" or something, but any non toxic one will do

Cool, thanks :D I'd been wondering if a non toxic aerosol sealant would work since it's not going to be wet.

It will get wet - how do you intend cleaning it ? Or training your snake to only squirt on the floor for that matter. I've had liquid stains on the upper sides before and there's only one way that got there (he's 8ft of muscle with no sense of bathroom ettiquette )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back