just signed up

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clowser

Reaction score
I signed up because im having trouble researching a common green tree snake. If any body could throw any info on them my way that would be awesome. I've researched heaps on them and have nearly finished my vivarium. I've been set on finding one. Im out of options as to where to find one..
I want to see what other people do to look after there tree snakes and get ideas so mines super happy.
Also diseases mites or things I should look for.
long one I know guys but thanks for your time..

Last edited by a moderator:
G'day mate welcome to the site I'm only new too. If you go to the search function you can find lots of old threads on green tree snakes that should be able to give you some decent info.

Hey Clowser,

Welcome to the forum :D

Interesting choice for a first snake too, most people usually have a python as a first. Good luck with your CTS hunting! :D

EDIT: Also, it isn't hatchie season. You may have trouble sourcing some in winter :p Wait until summer to early Autumn for hatchies to come more available :)

Try looking on RDU you might find a private breeder willing to freight one to SA.

^ yep, several on reptilesdownunder at the mo...

Welcome mate

Last edited:
G'day cobber, I hope you have fast hands. Great choice!

I signed up because im having trouble researching a common green tree snake. If any body could throw any info on them my way that would be awesome. I've researched heaps on them and have nearly finished my vivarium. I've been set on finding one. Im out of options as to where to find one..
I want to see what other people do to look after there tree snakes and get ideas so mines super happy.
Also diseases mites or things I should look for.
long one I know guys but thanks for your time..

Thank u guys for replies. Ill look on reptiles downunder.
I was keen on fish feeding, however after a few shop visits it might not be ideal. Ive been told the fish have [expletive deleted] in them thats no good. Any advice any ones got about them. Hit me up.. ill put some pics up of my enclosure. And if people notice im missing necessities let me know. Can people tell me also if they were to buy a snake interstate what theyre process would be. I could never receive it. It could be dead, Or I dont want to be dissapointed and it not be what I expected. Thanks again everybody...

First of all you need to be get your basic permit as unlike SA the other states require it even for one animal, so you will gave to supply your number to the seller. Then go onto the fauna units website and download the application for an import permit (free) and submit it and go from there. If you buy from a reputable business/breeder then it should be easy as they would have done this many times, as for being disappointed with your choice of animal that goes with the risk of buying from a photo. Also remember hatchlings develop their colour as they grow so what starts out as ordinary looking could well develop into a stunner. Thats why photos of parents are often provided. The same goes for temperament, there are no guarantees. Hope this helps.

Jor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back