Sheddless...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaspy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 18 month old spotty, which i recently purchased. He has been feeding and handling fine and seems very comfortable. According to the previous owner and also my own calculations its been about 6 weeks since he's shed. I have been looking for the signs (cataract eyes etc.) and haven't seen anything...

Can anyone shed some light on the situation and if it is a serious issue or I should just wait it out.

It'll shed when it wants to. most 18 month old snakes shouldn't be shedding every six weeks anyway.

My eldest Bredli I got at 14 months @4'6", it is now just over 2 1/2 @6'2" and has only shed 5 - 6 times in that timeframe...

It'll shed when it wants to. most 18 month old snakes shouldn't be shedding every six weeks anyway.

Really... all the literature I've been reading says about 5-8 weeks. Not saying your wrong I just didn't realise it was such a long period between sheds

Could be reading the growth rate for young snakes. As they get older they grow slower and shed less often.

hey guys sorry to revive old thread but he still hasn't shed, could it be something to do with the humidity levels? as he is a spotty I don't mist his enclosure...

Just keep his enclosure conditions right and feed him appropriately. He will sort out the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back