Escaped python kills two boys in Canada

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pic I have seen looks like a Boa not a Rock Python

I am beginning to believe that due to different pics of different snakes by different newspapers that they have played the "lets post any pic of a snake and no one will be any the wiser" game:rolleyes:

"Mr Savoie said the two children are the kids of his best friend and they often sleep over in his apartment."

Read more: Snake escapes pet shop, strangles two boys to death | News.com.au

seems like the guy is not with the mother of the boys and has them over, probably angry she has custody and he only gets them every now and then, so strangles the kids himself, grabs a python lets it lose in the room, punches a hole in the ceiling himself and blames the snake. or the shop owner did something to the boys he shouldn't have and needed to kill them to keep them quiet.

to many times i have heard of fathers killing their kids cause they did not get full custody.

it just does not sound right to me. i very much doubt its the snake that killed them.

Last edited:
So many questions and so few answers. Each story tells of different encounters of how it happened. Sounds like something funny is going on.

Everything does a circle, and eventually the truth will come out. Obviously the snake had to crawl across the ceiling cavity to "amazingly" land right above the boys bed, so why hadn't the roof collapsed earlier? Why didn't any one hear the roof collapse? How did the snake climb from his enclosure up a vertical wall unless their were other objects in the room? Why are two different pictures going around? If one was getting constricted surely the other one would have heard? Sounds very suspicious but i'm trying to keep an open mind... Almost impossible! Not sure if I missed something but wouldn't the family (or the best mate) be too distraught to speak out? My condolences are with the boys, rest easy.

Bite marks present I wonder? I found this story far-fetched when a mate told me.

I don't understand how a snake could push through a ceiling?

I could possibly be argued into believing it COULD, but WOULD it? Surely they don't think in that way?

Heard this on the radio after reading here and it sounds even more far fetched.

If it was coiled around children then surely it must have bitten them, rock pythons leave terrible wounds so it would be easy to tell

Just found vital evidence that this story is TRUE , see thread " jesus snake "

I think it's amazing sad for the kids and how big were the kids

The ribs and chest cavity would be crushed if it was the snake, I wonder how soon they will release the lab results...

I think it's more likely that a large snake coiled up on the sleeping boys for warmth, possibly on their faces, and the weight of a large snake was enough to suffocate two small children. The media then takes this and says the snake killed them because it makes for a better head line.

In all my time as an architect, I have never seen an air conditioning duct or vent capable of enduring something that heavy. The traversable air duct or vent is truly a creation of hollywood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back