Killer snake came through vents

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A 4.3M-LONG python that apparently slithered through a ventilation system and strangled two young boys may have been spooked, a snake expert says.
mf.gif
border="0"
|-
| valign="'middle'" |
| valign="'middle'" |
|-

a2t.img
mPkYNfP_1ko

Published On: 07-Aug-13 01:33 AM
Source: via NEWS.com.au

Go to Original Article

Another good argument for locked enclosures for all reptiles..... Absolutely tragic, poor kids....

In my opinion Retics, and Afrocks, should come under the dangerous animal act, and not be kept!
they are hugely intimidating and dangerous predators!

I'll wait on the autopsy though...dont sound right to me

In my opinion Retics, and Afrocks, should come under the dangerous animal act, and not be kept!
they are hugely intimidating and dangerous predators!

Although they are both potentially dangerous most pet ones are gentle giants
If they were all predatory killing machines there would be a lot more deaths associated with them

At this stage this appears to have a tragic and avoidable accident
Only time will show the whole truth

Latest information is that the afrock has been euthanised

Possibly the saddest part is yet to come

Although they are both potentially dangerous most pet ones are gentle giants
If they were all predatory killing machines there would be a lot more deaths associated with them

At this stage this appears to have a tragic and avoidable accident
Only time will show the whole truth

Latest information is that the afrock has been euthanised

Possibly the saddest part is yet to come

3 innocent lives taken so far...

If an escaped doberman killed a kid it would be euthanised
So we cannot expect a snake not to receive similar treatment in similar circumstances??

I just find the whole thing to be a bit off. Like many other people on here.

very sad for the boys and the poor snake that seems to of been kept illegally :( the snake should not of been held accountable (as owners dont we take responsibilty of the animals we own) and part of me hopes there is another sad reason these boys lost their life.

I agree that we may never know the whole truth
I also think it would be very easy for a large snake to drop through a suspended tiled ceiling, which is probably the case in this instance
Everything reported so far is logically possible
How probable it is remains to be seen
Autopsy has blamed the snake for the deaths
No details of bites etc released

Many air con vents from single units are simply pushed into place
No screws used for easy access
Vents may be 30cm square

does not make sense, a snake of that size crashing through a ceiling would of made some noise. why didn't no one here it?

Probably tiles from a suspended ceiling
Light and not too noisy when they fall on carpet
or land on two kids with 50kg of scared snake

50kg snake there would definatly be a loud thud.

if something big and heavy landed on me during the night i'd scream, so why did no one hear anything.

just does not sound right at all.

50kg snake there would definatly be a loud thud.

if something big and heavy landed on me during the night i'd scream, so why did no one hear anything.

just does not sound right at all.

Now that bite marks are stated distinct possibility the afrock scented the kids and simply hit them hard and fast
5 and 7 yr old would stand zero chance of defence and possibly dead almost instantly
If both kids were lying close together it would have seen just one heat source

One big puzzle will be how the afrock got into the vent from the snake room
Vents dont push into the wall
They pop outwards

Many questions yet to be answered

Shouldn't it be "Alleged" Killer snake. Guilty till proven innocent huh. Amazing how many different variations to this story there are, variations in pics/snakes, came through vent/punched through ceiling, strangled/crushed/bitten, 4.3meter/5meter.

The interview with the shop owner didn't appeared stressed at all (body language) I know I would be a mess if this happened on my watch. The whole thing stinks of being sus to me. Yes I think it could have happened,...... did it actually happen in this instance mmmmmmm. I have issues with guilty till proven innocent and I am sure the damage done to the Herp world with these oversensationalised headlines regardless of the outcome is ever repairable.

Ps. Ive also read that the snake has been euthanized already.... before the autopsy????? have I missed something here. Yes the trial is scheduled for next week...... but the hanging is tommorrow:shock:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back