Victorian Wildlife Licence Application Forms

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Amazon

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:#B200FF;">Amaz
Reaction score
Last edited:
I really like that there's now a 3 year license, but a 50% increase in annual fees, damn thats cheeky!

Yes pretty steep increase! $68 last year now $100 for a Basic Licence

Wow, amazed at all the kangaroo and wallaby species you can now have without a license at all!

Actually, that has to be a mistake, because some are also on the advanced and basic lists.

Last edited:
If I had a licence originally then lapsed on renewal (lost my job, couldn't afford to renew), do I apply for a "new" licence now or am I going to have to call up and pay some kind of ungodly amount of fines?

If I had a licence originally then lapsed on renewal (lost my job, couldn't afford to renew), do I apply for a "new" licence now or am I going to have to call up and pay some kind of ungodly amount of fines?
Give them a call would be best 136186

I got my first license here in vic a couple of months ago. Do they send out reminders when it needs renewing?

Thanks for this post, with it's help I lodged my first basic lisence application for VIC today. Does three weeks sound normal to get back a successful application?

Thanks for this post, with it's help I lodged my first basic lisence application for VIC today. Does three weeks sound normal to get back a successful application?
Normally around 2 weeks but there may be a back log as no one has been able to apply for over a month due to not knowing how much to pay

How do I get my basic license?? Do I print the application out? Who do I give it to? Do I pay for it before I send it off? .... Sorry about all the questions..

Print it out, fill it out, get it notarized, get a money order or cheque, put them in an envelope and send to DSE(address is on the application).
Done.

What do you get for the fees? Does the department publish numbers of animals kept under licence by species and interstate trade of species. It would be good if the reptile community had some input into how the fees were spent so that something benefitial came about rather than just a few jobs.

What do you get for the fees? Does the department publish numbers of animals kept under license by species and interstate trade of species. It would be good if the reptile community had some input into how the fees were spent so that something benefitial came about rather than just a few jobs.

Down here fees are basically used to support the DSE's love of beurocrasy, any idea that the money is cycled back to actually benefit the DSE's conservational work or to help the herp community is a silly notion.
That said I still believe there is a need for licensing, just wish they'd use our fees for something that actually mattered...

Down here fees are basically used to support the DSE's love of beurocrasy, any idea that the money is cycled back to actually benefit the DSE's conservational work or to help the herp community is a silly notion.
That said I still believe there is a need for licensing, just wish they'd use our fees for something that actually mattered...
Do you think you could ever change that?

Do you think you could ever change that?

Doubt it, the efforts it took to change the schedules this year were difficult enough, and even then they ignored a lot of requests and recommendations made by a fair number of experienced people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back