Killer snake came through vents

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't it be "Alleged" Killer snake. Guilty till proven innocent huh. Amazing how many different variations to this story there are, variations in pics/snakes, came through vent/punched through ceiling, strangled/crushed/bitten, 4.3meter/5meter.

The interview with the shop owner didn't appeared stressed at all (body language) I know I would be a mess if this happened on my watch. The whole thing stinks of being sus to me. Yes I think it could have happened,...... did it actually happen in this instance mmmmmmm. I have issues with guilty till proven innocent and I am sure the damage done to the Herp world with these oversensationalised headlines regardless of the outcome is ever repairable.

Ps. Ive also read that the snake has been euthanized already.... before the autopsy????? have I missed something here. Yes the trial is scheduled for next week...... but the hanging is tommorrow:shock:

I read that they euth'd the snake to perform an autopsy on it too (to what end, I have no idea).

I read that they euth'd the snake to perform an autopsy on it too (to what end, I have no idea).

Strange isn't it, what are they hoping to find from the snake autopsy..... am I missing something here???

Could the snake have of bitten the boys on a different occasion, and that would explain the bite marks?

I don't know how the owner managed to change his story - why would the police at FIRST think it came from the vents (i.e owner saying it was kept in the shop) and then all of a sudden NOOOO it was kept in the apartment! Then somehow got from it's cage, into the vents and fell through the roof? What, does the terrarium not have a top?

I don't know how the owner managed to change his story - why would the police at FIRST think it came from the vents (i.e owner saying it was kept in the shop) and then all of a sudden NOOOO it was kept in the apartment! Then somehow got from it's cage, into the vents and fell through the roof? What, does the terrarium not have a top?

Watch the shop owner interview on MSN, cool as a cucumber he is.

Like many others. Something just is not right.. Happened to be a broken pipe? No screams? All to weird.

With all due respect longqi, I just don't believe a snake of any size could silence and kill 2 kids of that age "almost instantly." I've had large constrictors myself, last one was a Burm about 16 feet long and about 50kg. I know how hard they can hit when striking. Sure one child could POSSIBLY be subdued without much fuss if the snake was in ambush mode and it got a good head shot, but not two kids of that age & size with a snake that has just fallen into the room and was itself disoriented.

Jamie

Tragically,sources report the boys had visited a petting zoo that evening. It's not drawing a long bow to conclude they had livestock smell on them. Regarding noise, perhaps the flooring was carpet but it is presumptuous to assume the snake made a lot of noise or that is 'dropped' into the room. It is logical to realise young boys that age, after a busy exciting evening like they had, would sleep like logs. A large, determined snake could easily kill two small boys at the same time or one after the other during their heavy sleep. Constrictor snakes are very efficient at securing and overpowering groups of prey upon discovery. Obviously the snake was not disoriented when it went at the boys.

I think keeping giant constrictor snakes like Burmese pythons, African Rock pythons, Reticulated pythons and Anacondas should be qualified through strict licensing. These big animals have primitive brains and can't be trusted. I think that cool as a cucumber owner has rationalised away his own culpability, be it moral or legal or both, and I expect he is going to get the book thrown at him. I also expect laws changed or enacted over this infuriating event.

With all due respect longqi, I just don't believe a snake of any size could silence and kill 2 kids of that age "almost instantly." I've had large constrictors myself, last one was a Burm about 16 feet long and about 50kg. I know how hard they can hit when striking. Sure one child could POSSIBLY be subdued without much fuss if the snake was in ambush mode and it got a good head shot, but not two kids of that age & size with a snake that has just fallen into the room and was itself disoriented.

Jamie[unquote]

If the kids were asleep together with just their heads out of the covers they would appear as one or two nice feeds to the heat sensors of the python if there were any loose ceiling tiles
15ft snake 8ft ceiling height
kids asleep on couch 18inch off ground
target 6ft6in directly below the python
python anchors tail in ceiling and enters strike mode
python hits first kid
second wakes up and sits up straight into the coils the python is using on the first kid
A single wrap on two small necks like that would almost certainly result in dislocated vertebrae almost instantaneously

More of this story that comes out the more it suspicious it sounds
If the afrock was already upstairs why did it climb a air conditioning vent into a ceiling?
How did it remove the vent cover?
Why was the ac duct open inside the ceiling instead of being connected to the ac?
Or did the duct inside the ceiling break too?

I think I would be checking for a scent trail from the viv to where the kids slept

What ever is told to be the truth in the future doesnt matter really now
2 kids dead
1 illegal snake dead
any chance of repealing recent legislation also dead

How could the snake fall through the roof if the shop was underneath. The Age has a video with the shop owner talking about it. He doesn't even sound upset.

If possible could you please post the link. Ive been trying to find it as requested by oldest magician and cant locate it. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back