Alice Springs keepers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT78

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Due to excellent employment opportunities in Alice (healthcare), my partner and I are considering the move within the next six months. As we have a few snakes, I wanted to ask current residents whether frozen rodents are easily accessible in Alice, or do you breed your own?
Thanks

Lucky you, I grew up there and it is a beautiful place. Be sure to check out the reptile park near the flying doctors cafe! They have an impressive variety of herps, lizards, frogs, crocodiles and are usually happy to let you handle them under supervision of course. It was where I first decided I wanted a snake.

Your location states mexico, and i'm assuming you know you can't bring anything over? Also my father went over their for work so we all went (alice springs base hospital) too! haha. Alice springs dessert park is a must, also we went over their with a camry and came back with a 4wd! I guarantee you will be out bush bashing every other week! ;) Defiantly something you won't regret :)

^ Mexico: south of the border: Victoria. Will definitely get into the 4WDing. Cheers ;-)

I had a few weeks in Alice Springs over Christmas. Even though it was boiling hot I loved it. The reptile park is great. Small but with a suprising amount of variety. The Alice Springs locale mulga is amazing. And I got to hold one of their olives. The downside is I wanted to take some of them home, especially the cute little death adder that was just chilling out. They should be able to help you out with rodents or most large suppliers freight to Alice.

The desert park is well worth it as well. The birds of prey show and the nocturnal section is great.

Then there is always sight seeing. Uluru, Kara tjuta, kings canyon all about 4hrs down the road. West Macs are amazing. Ellery big hole, orbison, glen Helen. East macs are also interesting. Olive pink botanical gardens if you are into plants like me, is great. Such a interesting mix of natives.

Sorry that ended up not really answering your question but I am slightly jealous. I would love to spend some more time there.

Thanks for the responses. My other half is heading up to Alice early next month to check it out. Thanks for the heads-up on places to visit redfox. A big motivation for heading up there is to get out and explore. And yep, we're big fans of native flora too..
Cheers..

The pet shop on lovegrove rd always have a good selection of frozen rodents. For what it's worth they're heaps cheaper than pet shops in Darwin.

Your going to love Alice. It's awesome. Enjoy!

Thanks for that Mikey. I'm looking forward to seeing how my partner goes next month up there. I'll hopefully get to go too if I can get the weekend off work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back