No shed yet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saphira

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have had my 6 month old childrens python for about 3 weeks now. She has been eating well until today. She just looked at it (a fuzzy) for a few seconds then completely ignored it. She has had fuzzies before without issue. So I thought maybe she's going to shed? Although I can't see any signs of one happening in the near future.
The breeder recorded her last shed on 10/6. That's over 2 months ago. Shouldn't she have shed again since then??
So do I need to be concerned about her absent shedding or her not eating?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my GT-N7105

I wouldn't be to concerned you may find in a week or so she shows signs of a shed or she may just not feel hungry.

Shedding rate depends on growth but 2 months between sheds is not that long.

Thank you I feel a lot calmer now . lol
Is there anything I should do for her?(like misting) and when should I next offer her a fuzzy? Sorry for such noobie questions, I just want to learn as much as I can so she gets the best care possible.

Sent from my GT-N7105

Probably best to leave it a week till you try feeding her again, you may find in this time she maybe showing signs of or actually has shed (cloudy eyes is a good sign). If showing signs of shed don't feed till after she has shed as it may impact on how the shed comes off. Don't stress she has eaten recently and sounds like she is in good health.

Thanks for the advice guys.
You were right... she shed this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back