Calcium and water

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kr0nick

Reaction score
Hey all it has been A while since I have posted but I have A question.

One of my frilled dragons has been sulking for about A week now since I had an open home and I think someone had moved the sheet that was covering the glass and freaked her out. She is eating maybe twice A week but if startled then she will hide behind her log and not eat anything. She will drink water when offered so it got me thinking is it possible to make A fresh calcium powder and water mixture and would that be as effective as dusting woodies? If I can't do anything then I might just breed one of my girls and separate this one just in case.

Thanks in advance

To be honest I don't know of the benefits vs dusting but I have been doing this for many years. I get a dropper and suck up a calcium/water slurry, dragons can then "drink" this when you touch it to their 'nose' getting a dose of calcium/D3. I guess in doing so you are giving them a lot more calcium than when dusting so you need to be careful not to over-do it. I mainly do this before and after egg laying.

Thanks Petpac I will try this and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back