Jet-001 thermostat.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benskene

Reaction score
Was just looking at eBay and they have a thermostat for $60. Seem good. Day and night temps, digital display. It's not dimming but you can't have everything.

Can anyone tell me if they are reliable and would recommend using it?

Thanks Ben.

I've had a JET-001 for about 18 months now and it's holding up great, is still pretty accurate (.5c variance to independent thermometer)
I just bought a few JET-005's and had a hell of a drama with the alarms, but once that was sorted they are working great.

I don't bother with on off thermostats anymore. Waste of money and no long term value.

Only thing I've found bad about them so far is the backlights on them tend to die after about 12 months, still readable, just not as easy...

The back light dies within about 3 weeks making them difficult to read, they also don't appear to be able to hold temperature if using them on multiple enclosures. My experience has been with the dimming type and I wont be buying anymore.

The back light dies within about 3 weeks making them difficult to read, they also don't appear to be able to hold temperature if using them on multiple enclosures. My experience has been with the dimming type and I wont be buying anymore.

Agreed, I run my 001 on a heat cord and the 005's on individual enclosures. Running multiple enclosures off one thermostat while works in concept is foolish at best due to complications that can arise - i.e two enclosures running off one thermo - enclosure with thermo probe heat light blows, probe registers low temp and ramps up the output possibly frying the animal in the other enclosure.
Things like that.

So if your only running heat cord then 001 is fine?
I'm going to use a thermostat in an incubator (which I'm about to build out of a wine fridge) any recommendations? I'm sure even tho you run a heat cord in the incubator it suppose to be dimming right? And reliable!

I run a JET-001 with a CHE and a light, i cannot fault it at all, it is accurate to .5 deg C to an independant digital thermometer as Badsville has said. I run 32 deg C during day and 18 deg C at night and have never had a problem, it is reliable, accurate and does not cost an arm or a leg and untill it fails i will stand by it. :) ........................................Ron

I had two units, the purple screen died and was hard to read, one unit malfunctioned and both were scrapped.

Agreed, I run my 001 on a heat cord and the 005's on individual enclosures. Running multiple enclosures off one thermostat while works in concept is foolish at best due to complications that can arise - i.e two enclosures running off one thermo - enclosure with thermo probe heat light blows, probe registers low temp and ramps up the output possibly frying the animal in the other enclosure.
Things like that.
Thanks for the tip ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back