Ovulation? how to tell?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coastalboy

Reaction score
Hi all,

i have had this "unsexed" Coastal for about 4yrs now. i put a male in with it this year for 1 week and now its getting fat and moody as hell. The male and it were tangled up for the whole week but didnt see any lock, but i work all day every day.

do you guys think its a girl and she is Ovulating?

Im new to this so thats why im asking so many question's.

Kind Regards
Nick.

Attachments

• 01112012107.jpg
    01112012107.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 163
She looks pretty darn fat to me, if that isn't a feed then it looks like ovulation! :p

THANK! :) i hope so, i always thought she was a girl but never been probed. So i just say "it" or "unsexed" haha. well in a few more weeks im sure i will know for sure or not.

she's a bit bumpy there, put male back in with her till you know for sure, just encase its follicle development. that's if you want eggs.

The lumps and bumps tell me she is ovulating so get the male in and watch em lock up

Hi all,

i have had this "unsexed" Coastal for about 4yrs now. i put a male in with it this year for 1 week and now its getting fat and moody as hell. The male and it were tangled up for the whole week but didnt see any lock, but i work all day every day.

do you guys think its a girl and she is Ovulating?

Im new to this so thats why im asking so many question's.

Kind Regards
Nick.
That snake looks very drab, dull and almost milky in that picture to me.........I'd say you've missed the ovulation event and she's not far from a pre-lay.................She's not ovulating in that picture though, when they ovulate their scales are spread and they stretch out their bodies differently to how she's resting gestating in that picture........

The lumps and bumps tell me she is ovulating so get the male in and watch em lock up
wouldnt lumps and bumps suggest eggs devolving? My female has 2/4 small bumps I can kind of see two thirds down her body, and I know it may just be follicle growth but I hope she is pregnant..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back