Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

azz08

Not so new Member
Reaction score
just wondering if any one knows what sort of python this is.
im taking a wild guess and say its a coastal carpet?

cheers

It appears to be an antaresia species to me and I would think Antaresia Stimsoni by the colours.

Sounds like we are all agreed that it is antaresia but divided between Stimsoni and maculosa. My reasoning for voting for Stimsoni was based on colour and the blotches but they can be similar when young. Has anyone got any more scientific solutions?

Did you buy it not knowing? Or was it a test?

Pretty Ant either way.

Spotted python. What made you think coastal? Is this your snake??

I usual only see coastal were I live. Never seen a spotted or stimson python my area for 20 years I've been here. only owning jungle, I though it could be a coastal. anyway its habitat was destroyed so I had to relocate him/her

Based on your location "Cooloola Coast", my 2c would be A. Maculosa.
Too far east to be Stimsoni as far as I'm aware.
Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

check on the sides of the neck, there will be a line from the lack of pattern so it looks like a line, only stimsons and childeni have this lack of pattern, macs don't have this. from the pictures i say it's a spotted.

It looks a lot like my childrens python hatchie. But I'm a noobie so I'm probably wrong anyway. Nice antaresia though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back