Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

douglasgilbert

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I were visiting a pet store on the weekend to purchase a new aquarium for her and whilst walking around the place I spotted a flash vivarium/herpitarium. So, on impulse I ordered it and hope to have it in my hot little mits within the week. I'm sure that my two male rats are going to be far from pleased about this decision.
This is the third time I have held a recreational wildlife licence, but until now, I haven't had the funds to ensure proper care or housing for a reptile. I never wanted to enter into the herp word unless I could do it properly and with the correct equipment. Over the years I have done a great deal of research regarding the keeping of pythons and am confident that I am not heading into this half arsed.
I live in Oakey which is about 200 ks west of Brisbane and just past Toowoomba. The nights and early mornings in winter are quite cold out here with temperatures reaching the negatives. Summer produces some very hot and dry days. Humidity out here is usually in the low 30's. I have always been quite fond of the diamond python but I think that the bredli would be more suited to the climate out here.
Any advice and info is welcomed and will be greatly appreciated. I am always willing to learn and would love to draw on the knowledge that others posses reegarding all of these wonderful creatures.

Cheers

Dougie

welcome, cant wait to see your set up and snake (when you get one that is). good to hear you've done plenty of research befor jumping in aswell

Hello and welcome, be sure to post some pics

Welcome! :)

I absolutely love and adore bredlis, they are beautiful. You won't regret the decision! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back