Waking up yet ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardies woke up a couple of weeks back and have been carrying on like a pair of black holes - no food escapes them.

Mine have just started to come out of their slumber, things are looking good.

Mines been up for about a week but still very sluggish and tired

Excuse my ignorance as I've never done any research on lizards but do they hibernate? I just found a blue tongue in my backyard today and I've never seen one around here before so I guess that would explain it.

He's got cool patterns here's a pic I took
View attachment 294661

I didn't disturb him so hopefully he comes back to visit more often :)

Attachments didn't work, but yeah they Brumate/hibernate over winter.

Thanks mate I just tried again

Attachments

• 2013-08-06 13.24.27.jpg
    2013-08-06 13.24.27.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 106
Nothing sleeps here except politicians. But they are immune to environmental considerations.

my older male beardies, are up and eating like monsters. but my central netted and my eldest pygmy are still sleeping.

my adults woke up last week too.....got a couple of younger ones still down though

I manipulated the temps this year so my netted dragons went down exactly one month earlier than last year in an effort to avoid summer temperature spikes during incubation and it worked like a charm. Brought them out of it seven weeks ago and my female dropped six healthy looking eggs around lunchtime yesterday. I estimate they should hatch during the last two weeks of spring.

My lawson's boy is still snoozing for most of the day but slowly getting more active - this mainly involves marching around for 10 minutes before going back to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back