Hamish and Andy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell

Reaction score
Who else was disgusted by them having a snake killed as a sketch to eat its live beating heart.

I understand that it is culturally accpeted but surely there morals would over rule this.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4

Who else was disgusted by them having a snake killed as a sketch to eat its live beating heart.

I understand that it is culturally accpeted but surely there morals would over rule this.

This was already covered at length over a similar thing on Top Gear (I think). Although I don't really like it, is it any different from killing a cow or a sheep?

This was already covered at length over a similar thing on Top Gear (I think). Although I don't really like it, is it any different from killing a cow or a sheep?

I don't care about what animal, surely young minds can believe it us acceptable.

Its similar to the issue of the next top model. The producers think its wrong that a contestant chokes another. The producers did a segment on ACA to announce their disapproval and how bullying isnt accepted. Surely if they truly cared they wouldn't air that segment.

I was disgusted.
Yes I know that we kill animals everyday for food, however, I think killing it on camera for a skit on a show is repulsive behaviour. Needless to say I changed the channel and they have lost me as a viewer. What sort of message is this sending the audience? It's just another on air case of animal cruelty to me. The snake was thrashing around before it was killed too.

Stupid is as Stupid does. Disappointing but not surprising.

It's just a culture it's like people in another country finding it disgusting how kangaroo is a delicacy (I think)

^ yes but we don't kill one on national tv and eat its heart for kicks

^ yes but we don't kill one on national tv and eat its heart for kicks

Yeah i guess i see your point but if you went to another country would you eat the plain old food what you normally eat or would try there food and see how it is living and eating in there country, thats part of the reason i travel (whenever i do)

Yes, I saw it. I was in a good mood before seeing a live snakes heart being cut out, then eaten from a shot glass of its own blood, while its still beating.

I've been in a bad mood since.

I was grossed out. I couldn't watch. same as when he ate that chick:evil:.... made me feel sick! not such a good thing to be watching while having dinner.......:facepalm: what kind of snake was it, I kind of missed the bit where they cut it out and stuff. only saw the heart beating(eww) them fill the cup and him have it:shock:

Last edited:
I stopped watching it a few eps ago when he are the egg thing. I rarely watch TV so when I do I want to be entertained... Is killing a snake and eating its beating heart even allowed on prime time?

I was grossed out. I couldn't watch. same as when he ate that live chick:evil:.... made me feel sick! not such a good thing to be watching while having dinner.......:facepalm: what kind of snake was it, I kind of missed the bit where they cut it out and stuff. only saw the heart beating(eww) them fill the cup and him have it:shock:

When was that? If you're referring to the century egg, they're not live. They're fertilized eggs that have died.

As I said, I understand and respect another culture and some of the customs.
And I have no issue in them or people wanting to experience it
Just disagree with the televised segment, especially at that time slot and such influential people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back