Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

missilly

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just a query as I thought locked actually meant solidly tight no chance of escape lol. So have you had your lovely reptilian escape on you? If so how many times, where did they end up and how locked up tight were the little rascals? :lol:

There's always the chance of escape, you can never be too careful.
My female Murray Darling got out of her click-clack once...
After tearing my room apart I found her in my dirty clothes on the floor, about 1 metre from her click-clack.

My blonde spotted got out at Easter for the first time and actually just got found 15 minutes ago, under the wine fridge!!! :) The doors were magnetted together. Apparently blonde spotted pythons are escape artists

So among snakes it's VERY common for them to escape? Can't imagine how in a click clack! Sneaky reptiles

Just thought I'd pop my comment in for something different: Steve hasn't escaped! I was a dumb so and so and left his tank open after putting him back the other day and only realised after a couple of hours. Mild heart attack! But he was still in there :)

i use the round cord things that are used in office desks in 2 of my enclosures, 1 of the snakes managed to pop it out and make his escape thru the back, fortunately i walked into his room just as his head came round the side of his enclosure, so he wasnt out long,

he did spend a few days trying to work that area and see if he could make it happen again,...no luck tho haha.

last thursday i fell asleep handling my jungle after a big day. Woke up 30 mins later and he was coiled up on my tummy, probably the warmest thing around haha.

You guys ever caught your snakes trying to get out? Pushing on doors or lids etc? only time i see the jungle is on Friday afternoons when its feed time. I spend ALOT of time around his enclosure too

last thursday i fell asleep handling my jungle after a big day. Woke up 30 mins later and he was coiled up on my tummy, probably the warmest thing around haha.

OMG I have done the same thing! Glad I'm not alone :)

I worry that if mine escapes (I'm either getting a stimmy or childrens) that it may head toward our three year old son in the middle of the night and harm him, is it an irrational thought? I'm new at this that's why I want a hatchling raise it from scratch and be well prepared before we bring it home.

lol, a mosquito would do more harm to a 3 yr old than an escapee hatchy stimmy/childrens,...

The brother of my female MD escaped from a mates enclosure (I own them both now).
They found shed skin behind their TV and eventually found him 6 weeks later swimming in their bathtub.
I'm still pretty amazed that he survived, as I'm fairly sure the bathtub had bleach in it, at the time that they found him.

My stimmie is still missing, went on a holiday to Bali over a year ago and got the terrible phone call. Kinda sad but there's a lot less frogs around my Gfs house so sure he's thriving.

I've lost one of my cunnighams twice in the space of two weeks! Luckily he hung around and I found him under the fridge the first time(bout 350 mts from his pit) second time found him behind a cupboard( bout 200mts from his new pit) now he's in a safe with air holes drilled in it.hahaha nah i gave up on the outside pits,to this day I have no idea how he got out. I can keep any other reptile in them but not him haha. He's inside jownunder lock and key and just yesterday I had to help my gf retrieve her 2.5 foot long Darwin python from the inside of my car. Kinda like that super cheap add haha

Last edited by a moderator:
My blotched blue tongue escaped by climbing up the background. we put food out for it which it ate for a week and then we found it hiding out behind a box 1 meter from his cage lol

My atherton escaped three times - and each time was when I was interstate working. The first two times we found her sunning herself on a window ledge. The third time she was nowhere to be found. I went to get my record book from under her cage and she was coiled neatly inside a box with it!

What I discovered is if I leave the key to her cage in the lock, she can press the tongue down and push the door open. Now whenever she is active its the first thing she tries...

My spotted hasn't managed to escape as yet... Not from a lack of trying.

I snapped a catch off the lid of a tank, and my Childrens python pushed it out and crawled through the gap that was about half his width. I found him in a tub full of old junk under the table his tank was on. He escaped a distance of probably 45cm. Though, the other week, I left the sliding door of his new set-up open about 5cm, all day, and when I came home from work he was still in there. :lol:

My childrens has escaped around about 6 times now over the last 2 years, he never ventures far, every time I've found him either curled up under the tv on top of the tank or in a light globe box sitting on top of the tank also.. too lazy to go too far.. I have the problem sussed and fixed now though.

I've left the cage open on my striped male coastal before, he apparently spent the night warming himself on top of his cage by the time I found him the next morning. And one of my jungles got out about three months ago, still missing, knowing my luck if I go and buy some of her siblings to replace her, she will magically reappear, still hoping she will turn up after all this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back