Female pygmy beardie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDkeeper

Reaction score
Hi all
my female pygmy beardie is not eating any insects i offer to her like crickets and woodies shes only eating the veggies (if shes even eating them) but i think she may be prefnant so im not sure what to do now try to feed here or just leave her and not stress her :/

eveburyd.jpg

This is a picture of her stomach wich i think looks pregnant because its normally not this big

Yep, if she is eating that's a good thing :)

but theres a bit of a problem with that, shes only eating one or two pieces of diced veggies at the most a day and im pretty concernd about it. I have tried to feed her insects like crickets and woodies which shell normally smash down with no hesitation but after coming out of brumation she hasent touched any. help

Sorry in advance about all the questions.
When was she breed? Has she started digging? Can you feel the eggs in her stomach?

This might sound odd but is the any chance that she could just be bloated or have impacted guts? Give her a luke warm bath and let her soak for a while - I found that sometimes relaxed my female enough to the point where she was ready to either lay her eggs or pass what she had in her...

didn't see them breed and she hasn't started digging so she may be bloated..... I just felt for eggs and couldn't feel any, I think. ill give her a bath and see how she goes

Just leave her alone for a few days.. It's possible she's Gravid but you can't feel the eggs yet. It can take 2-3 weeks to lay. I remember when this happened to me and it was doing my head in so I'd always check.. You need to be patient and if there's any chance she is housed with a male then she's probably preggers.

Just leave her alone for a few days.. It's possible she's Gravid but you can't feel the eggs yet. It can take 2-3 weeks to lay. I remember when this happened to me and it was doing my head in so I'd always check.. You need to be patient and if there's any chance she is housed with a male then she's probably preggers.

Yeah she and the male share a tank but when she was and still is in the bath she keeps getting more and more bloated it feels like her stomach is filled with gas, so i think she might be bloated and be about to give way to alot of waste

I would give mine the warm baths every few weeks. Not only do they give their skin a good soak and clean, the water seems to be absorbed by them and made them pass whatever they had a bit easier.
If she is gravid the bath will not have a negative impact, it would have a calming affect actually.

Last edited:
Yeah i got her out a while ago and put here back in here tank she seems allot more relaxed after her bath. And saying that my male was in there with all his legs spread right out and his head up and made me want to get in there aha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back