Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry forgot to go advanced. I know i need to add some higher branches, i'm just trying to find the right branches.

IMG_7094.jpgIMG_7075.jpgIMG_7076.jpgIMG_7082.jpgIMG_7084.jpgIMG_7085.jpgIMG_7087.jpgIMG_7090.jpg

Looks good mate. Will look great once its all done i can guarantee that based of how it looks now :)

Rick

I'd put in more hides for the Cunninghams mate, it'll make them feel more secure and you'll see them more then. Maybe a rock pile? Other than that looks pretty awesome mate

I'd put in more hides for the Cunninghams mate, it'll make them feel more secure and you'll see them more then. Maybe a rock pile? Other than that looks pretty awesome mate

yeah i was thinking more hiding spots would be good, i can still get more rocks from work so a nice rock pile would be a cool addition

Thanks

Looking not too bad at all.

Are going to give him flowing , filtered water ? stagnant pond water gets pretty smelly and green/brown pretty quick in summer if not regularly replaced. They like flowing water (creeks, rivers). - a boat 12V bilge pump and sand trap and aquarium filter would keep his water relative clear and clean and provide a nice flowrate.

Are you going to provide a big spotty for heat during those cooler / sunless days ?

Last edited:
Looking not too bad at all.

Are going to give him flowing , filtered water ? stagnant pond water gets pretty smelly and green/brown pretty quick in summer if not regularly replaced. They like flowing water (creeks, rivers). - a boat 12V bilge pump and sand trap and aquarium filter would keep his water relative clear and clean and provide a nice flowrate.

Are you going to provide a big spotty for heat during those cooler / sunless days ?

Yeah I will definitely be using some sort of filtration, still deciding how I will do it though so any advice or ideas is appreciated.

Ill be setting up some MVB bulbs as suggested by another member earlier in the thread. I'm thinking ill put these on the wall of the house facing into the pit, onto the rocks as a basking area.

Hamish

I know i need to add some higher branches, i'm just trying to find the right branches.

Okay so i think i have found it. My close friends property has a small fallen tree. I am planning to go there tomorrow, chop off the majority of small twigs and rubbish, leaving the trunk and main branches. I will then stand this up right at the back and bolt it to the timber frame then burry the trunk so it just looks like a dead tree still in the ground. This should keep my EWD very happy.

In return for this tree, i am cleaning out all the old tyres and tin sheets from behind their shed to try and minimise the venomous snake population in their yard haha. They have 3 young kids so they are very happy about this deal.

Okay so i think i have found it. My close friends property has a small fallen tree. I am planning to go there tomorrow, chop off the majority of small twigs and rubbish, leaving the trunk and main branches. I will then stand this up right at the back and bolt it to the timber frame then burry the trunk so it just looks like a dead tree still in the ground. This should keep my EWD very happy.

In return for this tree, i am cleaning out all the old tyres and tin sheets from behind their shed to try and minimise the venomous snake population in their yard haha. They have 3 young kids so they are very happy about this deal.

Sounds like a plan... That's a good way to get your main piece of furniture for your enclosure... :)

Okay so if I'm way off just let me know, but does anyone keep central bearded dragons in out door pits in Brisbane? Would this work or are the conditions not right for them?

I have posted a few times but alright. I just don't see the point, surely you have a perfectly fine enclosure that mimics a central beardies natural environment. Beardies are hardy but a central beardie and an eastern water dragon come from completely different habitats, one is from hot and arid environment whereas the other comes from a more lush and wet environment..
Personally, I don't even like keeping beardies together and if I did I'd want it to be a pretty damn big enclosure. If you do it, you'd want to keep an eye on them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back