Sand as substrate?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YayPythons

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey,
sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything that answers my question so redirect me if there is already a thread on this. Anyway what is involved in having sand as a substrate for Womas? e.g. changing sand every week, wiping down around where the sand was.

Cheers,
PythonLover02 :D

I wanted to put my woma on sand but was advised against it. From what I've read, sand is fine for dragons but not pythons.

sand only looks good. I personally would keep the python on a different substrate.

Hey,
sorry about this but can someone please just give me the simple answer to can womas live on sand? Kind of confused, sorry :)

Thanks,

You won't get a straight forward answer to your question... there's too much opinions on it.

One thing you just really need to be mindful of when using sand for the womas is that the prey item is dry if you feed in the enclosure. The sand things is a personal preference.

You won't get a straight forward answer to your question... there's too much opinions on it.

One thing you just really need to be mindful of when using sand for the womas is that the prey item is dry if you feed in the enclosure. The sand things is a personal preference.

Thanks,
so just circling back to my original question can someone please tell me what is involved with keeping sand looking nice and not smelly.

Thanks,

Whenever you're snake poos on it clean it and sift about 3/4 to the whole lot of it every month to every two months. I do that with my pygmy beardies and it works to make it look and smell good

Thanks,
so just circling back to my original question can someone please tell me what is involved with keeping sand looking nice and not smelly.

Thanks,
righto , as said the food item would preferably be kept dry to avoid substrate being ingested , it would need spot cleaning and regular full cleans (like normal substrate does ) and it would be a good idea to have a littler guard or whatever they're called fitted to the enclosure to stop it getting in the tracks ( if your using them ) or from just falling out when the doors opened

thats about all i can think of as ive actually never used it

I'm kinda excited now because I was always advised against sand. Yay for sand! :D

just a question regarding sand, is it fine to use sydney washed sand for substrate for aquatic species or is river sand better? both are from bunnings and cost 6$ for 20kg's i asked the people there and they had no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back