Best Dimming Thermostat that won't break my budget

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaspy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a dimmer thermo and just want to know what everyone else has out there and what the prices, functionality etc. is. CHEERS

Eco Tech Advanced Digital Day/Night Dimming Thermostat.

Or Jet-005 Day/Night Dimming thermostat. Exact same thermostat, just not reboxed by Eco Tech and half the price.

Rarely you'll find best and cheap in the same product. If you can, go for a Microclimate or Habistat dimming thermostat. They both sell for about $160 and are the best you can get really.

Yeah i've heard the microclimates are the best, is it really worth the money you pay for it though, because I have seen dimmer thermos for less then 100 dollars on reliable herp sites...

Also on that note, what is a good trusted site to buy a JET-005 off, posted link would be greatly appreciated!

I use Jet 005 and has worked perfectly so far. I purchased mine through a Sponsor of this site on eBay, business name is Reptile Direct Australia and user name on eBay is Egernia, $78 free postage.

They are excellent to deal with and stock a wide range of reptile supplies.

Yeah i've heard the microclimates are the best, is it really worth the money you pay for it though, because I have seen dimmer thermos for less then 100 dollars on reliable herp sites...

Yes.
They come with a 5 year warranty also, whereas most other thermostats have none. I've had the fuse go in two of mine(found out later), which is rare and instead of having to replace the fuse I've just gone into place of purchase and swapped for a brand new unit no worries.
Nice to know they're that reliable.

I use Jet 005 and has worked perfectly so far. I purchased mine through a Sponsor of this site on eBay, business name is Reptile Direct Australia and user name on eBay is Egernia, $78 free postage.

They are excellent to deal with and stock a wide range of reptile supplies.

Same place I got mine.

Have used both for a long time and have never had a problem with Habistats.Can't say the same for Microclimates though.

Habistat dimming thermo is what I use. $125 from Brian at the herp shop. You aren't going to get cheap and good in the same package, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back