Dugaia enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These enclosures look incredible. I would love to own one, I just can't bring myself to spend more on an enclosure then I do my animals. I guess I'm cheap like that.

Yeah you can, can't imagine they'd be cheap. The website is a bit of a pain though.

I came across a post from another message board saying the enclosures were still in a trial stage & not available to purchase as yet. The post was date Jan 2013.

It's a moulded 2x2x2 glass enclosure with a draw, that weighs about 40kg's EMPTY.
My custom melamine 4x2x2's don't even weigh that much fitted.
And no offence, I've seen much better rock walls here in the DIY section.
I like to call enclosures like that 'money pits'.

It's a moulded 2x2x2 glass enclosure with a draw, that weighs about 40kg's EMPTY.

money pits are when you have to keep investing in the same product eg cars and boat to maintain them this would be a once off purchase i guess they are similar to the $3000 enclosure that people where buying. Not every one wants to DIY i guess they only offer one size but if successful they will expand there range. i have made some diy backdrops ect and fined after a while the render comes off and require more maintenance.

These enclosures look incredible. I would love to own one, I just can't bring myself to spend more on an enclosure then I do my animals. I guess I'm cheap like that.

I'm the same. My woma cost me $400 and his new enclosure including render and paints has cost me less than $100. I haven't bought substrate yet, but I hear it's fairly inexpensive.

I really like the look of the dungaia enclosures. The idea behind it is awesome: buy one for a young herp, tack another one on as he grows. You can see a lot of thought has been put into it and I give them a big thumbs up.

money pits are when you have to keep investing in the same product eg cars and boat to maintain them this would be a once off purchase i guess they are similar to the $3000 enclosure that people where buying. Not every one wants to DIY i guess they only offer one size but if successful they will expand there range. i have made some diy backdrops ect and fined after a while the render comes off and require more maintenance.

And thats the difference I see here, a $3000 custom built enclosure I see as an amazing enclosure, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay even half that for something production line off the shelf...
Not everyone wants DIY I agree, but I have the luxury of having that option and I'll always choose it over something like this.
The issue I see with this product - even though it's modular - it's very restrictive in how you're able to set it up, i.e. where you can put branches, water bowls, choice of heating type, light setup ect...

Last edited by a moderator:

1 sheet of melamine is 35kg (chipboard) and heavier for HMR MDF. Melamine isnt light in anyway.

I want to make some twin wall polycarb enclosures, a bit more money but they are so much better. Lighter, easier to clean, hold water spills, better thermal properties and they let more light in.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back