Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was originally calling my woma Jilla from her aboriginal name, jilajacku, but it didn't really suit her. I was trying to think of a name that suits hers but was having trouble. Then I was just looking at her colours and decided she needed a name to do with coffee. I was thinking for awhile, my mum suggested latte so I called her that but it did NOT suit her(might save it for my olive). Then one night while I was just laying in bed moccona just popped up in my head and I loved it! And it suited her. Which is most important.

no idea where the names of my shinglebacks names came from! Winter and quagmire
.i know my sister called the male quagmire as a joke, and now that's what he's named.

Last edited:
My friend names all his animals after spices. I also know someone who names there reptile after types of cheeses.

Not as bad as my friends aunty naming her three KIDS after spices! hahahahaha

Hey, I've met cinnamon, cardamon and paprika and they're all lovely!!!

... I know that 2 of them are called Paprika and Cinnamon forgot the third. Please don't tell me 'Amey' rings a bell? haha

... I know that 2 of them are called Paprika and Cinnamon forgot the third. Please don't tell me 'Amey' rings a bell? haha

seriously??? I was just taking the p***!!! They were the first 3 spices that popped into my head....

seriously??? I was just taking the p***!!! They were the first 3 spices that popped into my head....

Oh wow I was fretting a bit! Third one is called Oregano and when I saw you were from brissy it made me skip a beat, she goes up their every second weekend so I was really considering the odds ;)

I was calling my coastal 'Sleepy', until I put The Jungle Book on and now his official name is 'Kaa' after the python in the film :)

I named my olive Striker cause thats all he did when I got him.

My albino darwin Shaw because it seemed like a good idea at the time.

My prosipine I named Pierre because a friend of a friend of mine had one of those really exotic, expensive cats named Pierre and I thought it would suit a reptile better and

My cat Jebus because as my partner and I were driving home with him in the cardboard box he clawed out of it like the little psycho he is and I screamed "save me jebus" as he attacked me and that name stuck.

Sent from my GT-N7000

That would have made the little bugga, (jebus), snake food in my eyes :)

Last edited:
Not as bad as my friends aunty naming her three KIDS after spices! hahahahaha

Lol it always makes me laugh when people name there kids after cars. I had a gf named Mercedes. Speaking of bad names my moms friend has a kid named river.

Lol it always makes me laugh when people name there kids after cars. I had a gf named Mercedes. Speaking of bad names my moms friend has a kid named river.

River is an awesome name, have you never watched Firefly?

I had a black headed python that I named Chewy because he would bite every time I handled him.

This is an awesome tread!

When I purchased my sw carpet, the previous owner told me he was grumpy and unfriendly ect (which turns out wasn't really true).
I was halfway through reading the series A Song Of Ice and Fire, so I just couldn't resist calling him Drogon! (Danearys' black dragon, for any fellow Game of Thrones fans)

I was watching Robin Hood with my nepfhews and now my male bhp is sir hiss. The female hasn't got a name yet so i just call her sir hisses b&$@h

Last edited:
Oh I like this thread!

We have Tallulah, as named by my daughter. I think it's from a kids show.

Our dogs are Belle (short for Ballerina) and Brutus the Bulldogs, named by the same daughter.

She's very creative!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh I like this thread!

We have Tallulah, as named by my daughter. I think it's from a kids show.

Our dogs are Belle (short for Ballerina) and Brutus the Bulldogs, named by the same daughter.

She's very creative!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I wish I was as creative as a child, I named my cat Princess lol.

I'm terrible at choosing names for pets. I've had my children's python almost 3 weeks and still no clue. Hope it comes to me soon or it's going to be stuck with everyone calling him/her it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back