Advice on first snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomsnake

Reaction score
Hi there everyone,
this is my first post. i have always wanted a snake and i have 2 empty fish tanks and thought that this was my chance. I have got my reptile license and am now looking for the right species of snake.
first question is which tank should i use, and what are some suitable snakes for it?

the first one is L100cm W40cm H50cm. I have concerns about the width in this tank. :|

second tank is L90cm W50cm H50cm.

My second question is what are some small enough snakes to be able to live happily in these tanks?
Thank you. :D

I have my wheatbelt stimson living comfortably in a 90×45×45

Depends what state you live in as to what species you can get. Here in wa the stimson is the only small species we can keep

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry forgot to mention that im in NSW. i really like the stimsons. is there other snakes similar to that size?
thanks

yeah mate the stimson, childrens, spotted are all great choices. They are all from the same family of pythons and all get around the 1m mark. The spotted can get to around 1.3m

Woma! But check the locale, some can get quite big.

i really like the stimson's! out of those 2 tanks i mention, which one would best suit the Stimson? thanks everyone for your advice!

Unless appropriate heating... Glass tanks r not really suitable

Just about to buy my first wheatbelt, bit worried about the update
pics I was sent today... I hope it changes color!

imagejpeg

Ditch the fish tanks and get a timber enclosure, especially in NSW. Glass can't retain heat so it's not very good unless you can keep the room warm 24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back