Eastern Reef Egret both morphs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNT

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Found this shot from a couple of years ago. The ERE comes in white or grey but no inbetweens. You can find both colours in the same nest.

P1000010_edited-1.JPG

They're nice looking bad looking birds, but they keep coming to my house and eating my fish. Nothing a shanghai can't fix haha

It's what they do. I used to have kookaburras coming into my place in Yorkey's Knob to fish in the aquariums. I shooed em out, certainly wouldn't want to hurt them. (no shanghais)

It's what they do. I used to have kookaburras coming into my place in Yorkey's Knob to fish in the aquariums. I shooed em out, certainly wouldn't want to hurt them. (no shanghais)

You don't have to hit it to scare it off, a nice bang on a bit of sheet metal does the trick. But this one bird almost walked into our house for some fish, it's the lucky the dogs didn't see it. That would've been bad

Fair enough. The Kookas used to come right inside. Sometimes you had to give them a nudge so you could get out the door. (There were 7 and they liked to sit on the internal doormat when it was raining lol.)

Last edited:
Fair enough. The Kookas used to come right inside. Sometimes you had to give them a nudge so you could get out the door. (There were 7 and they likrd to sit on the internal doormat when it was raining lol.)

Haha yeah Kooaburra's can be pretty cheeky, nothing compared to a Lorrie though.

Beautiful birds and beautiful shot! Theirs a pair of magpies that have nested in our yard for over 10 years. They don't swoop and the amount of converted nests we have had to put up for the little ones that have fallen out is uncountable! One day the female magpie came into the house and we found her sitting on our couch just waiting for a mate... Was that taken in kakadu?

They're nice looking bad looking birds, but they keep coming to my house and eating my fish. Nothing a shanghai can't fix haha

You kidnap egrets and make them serve as sailors by coercive techniques such as trickery, intimidation, or violence. Why would you do such a thing?

You kidnap egrets and make them serve as sailors by coercive techniques such as trickery, intimidation, or violence. Why would you do such a thing?

Because 5 years ago an Egret that is known locally as El-Diablo stole my prize winning fish, Mr. Fish. As punishment I recruited a loveable group of urchins to round up the remaining egrets as hostages until El-Diablo apologised, he came and I tricked him and now he's my slave.He brings me drinks and fans me when I'm hot.

I saw a dark phase at East Point last week, maybe thats a good spot for them. The presence of the light and dark phase within one species is truly remarkable biology I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back