Dugaia enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 sheet of melamine is 35kg (chipboard) and heavier for HMR MDF. Melamine isnt light in anyway.

I want to make some twin wall polycarb enclosures, a bit more money but they are so much better. Lighter, easier to clean, hold water spills, better thermal properties and they let more light in.

Rick

Yes true, but my melamine 4x2x2's weigh in about 42-45kgs fully loaded - this is a 2x2x2 - half the size but same weight.

I agree these encosures would be fairly expensive and for the same price you could get a really nice custom built enclosure but unless you are a collector or breeder with heaps of animals to house I don't see why you wouldn't fork out a bit of extra cash to have your pet in a nice looking enclosure. I've spent a little over 400 on my enclosure and its not even ready yet but when it is I'm sure I will have spent a fair bit more. For me its a pet and the enclosure is just as important as the animal. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back