Killer snake came through vents

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel the snake should have been put down. Nothing more than the human desire for revenge.

Snake had to be put down
Imagine the aftermath
"Come to our display and touch the CHILDREN KILLER PYTHON
ONLY $10pp"

Snake had to be put down
Imagine the aftermath
"Come to our display and touch the CHILDREN KILLER PYTHON
ONLY $10pp"

Thats pure stupidity. The snake shouldn't have been put down, just don't put it on display... why was that so hard to think of?

I don't feel the snake should have been put down. Nothing more than the human desire for revenge.

Couldn't agree more. It's a snake, not a domesticated animal like a dog. The idiot who didn't house it properly should be punished, not the animal who did exactly what millions of years of evolution programmed it to do.

Couldn't agree more. It's a snake, not a domesticated animal like a dog. The idiot who didn't house it properly should be punished, not the animal who did exactly what millions of years of evolution programmed it to do.
Authorities must have thought it was too dangerous or just too inconvenient to rehouse :(

Unfortunately you can't look at it like that. All the time all over the world animals a killed when they carry out their natural behaviour when they come into contact with humans. That is just what we do and no amount of protest or common sense will change that. Take shark baits for example, people want to swim in the ocean and will do and if a shark has a taste of one we will go out and hunt it down and kill it.

Perhaps it needed to be euthanised for forensic purposes. That aside, I didn't give it a second thought. That it should be put down is a given, in my opinion.

It would have been put down because its an illegal introduced animal, so they can't rehouse(illegal) or release(non-native species) unfortunately euthanise is only option

It would have been put down because its an illegal introduced animal, so they can't rehouse(illegal) or release(non-native species) unfortunately euthanise is only option

You appear to (erroneously) believe that the rest of the world has wildlife laws that are as restrictive as Australia's laws.

You appear to (erroneously) believe that the rest of the world has wildlife laws that are as restrictive as Australia's laws.
I was thinking the same based on USA laws but did not know for sure what Canadian law is.

Unfortunately you can't look at it like that. All the time all over the world animals a killed when they carry out their natural behaviour when they come into contact with humans. That is just what we do and no amount of protest or common sense will change that. Take shark baits for example, people want to swim in the ocean and will do and if a shark has a taste of one we will go out and hunt it down and kill it.

So i shouldn't look at it the right way, because the rest of the world looks at it the wrong way? Sorry but i'm not going to conform to the disgusting view that the world seems to have.

"I went in their habitat, they acted out their natural behaviour. Better go kill them..."

How is that, in any way, justifiable?

Take shark baits for example, people want to swim in the ocean and will do and if a shark has a taste of one we will go out and hunt it down and kill it.

Or any other ones we come across while looking for the one that actually did the kill.

So i shouldn't look at it the right way, because the rest of the world looks at it the wrong way? Sorry but i'm not going to conform to the disgusting view that the world seems to have.

"I went in their habitat, they acted out their natural behaviour. Better go kill them..."

How is that, in any way, justifiable?
Maybe I should have put "people don't" instead of "you can't" . I am not wanting a debate over what is right or wrong just stating how the world is. You obviously feel passionate about this and maybe should start some kind of animal rights movement to change things or join an already existing one.

In Canada I believe most pythons are restricted and illegal and there are no native pythons in canadia

In Canada I believe most pythons are restricted and illegal and there are no native pythons in canadia
I have just read an article saying that particular species is not permitted in New Brunswick so I would assume that other species may be permitted but may be wrong in that assumption.

On researching it is not legal for home ownership of pythons in Canada and there is definatley no pythons native to Canada so no I was not erroneous in my appearance and some countries are as smart as Australia regarding there restrictions

On researching it is not legal for home ownership of pythons in Canada and there is definatley no pythons native to Canada so no I was not erroneous in my appearance and some countries are as smart as Australia regarding there restrictions
I believe with a little reading between the lines it is legal to own exotic reptiles in New Brunswick. Here is an extract from there Fish and wildlife act. I think the woma python may also be on a list that is exempt from this extract along with a few other Aussie species.

Where, in the opinion of the Minister, a person

(a)has imported exotic wildlife into the Province without a permit or has imported exotic wildlife into the Province contrary to the terms and conditions of a permit issued under paragraph (1)(a),

(b)is keeping exotic wildlife in captivity without a permit or is keeping exotic wildlife in captivity contrary to the terms and conditions of a permit issued under paragraph (1)(b), or

(c)will release exotic wildlife from captivity without a permit or will release exotic wildlife from captivity contrary to the terms and conditions of a permit issued under paragraph (1)(c),

the Minister may confiscate the exotic wildlife, other than the species or subspecies of exotic wildlife that are excluded from the operation of paragraphs 38.1(1)(a) and (b) by regulation, and may dispose of it as the Minister considers fit, and no person shall be entitled to, or have any claim or right to, any indemnity or compensation in respect of the confiscation.

Checkout the 40 pythons in motel room article it states no pythons are legal for home

This is the act, not sure whether the area in which the 40 pythons were found is under a different act or not but here is another extract from the act and this is the part that the list of species is exempt from.

90.1(1)The Minister may

(a)issue a permit authorizing a person to import into the Province exotic wildlife and prescribe the terms and conditions under which exotic wildlife may be imported into the Province,

(b)issue a permit authorizing a person to keep exotic wildlife in captivity and prescribe the terms and conditions under which exotic wildlife may be kept in captivity, or

(c)issue a permit authorizing a person to release exotic wildlife from captivity and prescribe the terms and conditions under which exotic wildlife may be released from captivity.

Well then you're erroneous about not being erroneous lol. Pythons are kept in Canada. Nativity has nothing to do with it.

Here have a look: [Removed link to Canadian Reptile forum]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back