Baritji eggs.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sniffmylizard

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Finally my female baritji has given me 7 eggs today fingers crossed all goes well. Make that 9.

Last edited:
Congrats. Probably the best post on this forum all year.

Care to post a few photos of your Baritji? I've seen a few different varieties and I'm curious as to what the captive ones look like.

Hope the incubation goes well.

My poor old girl looks like an X meth addict thanks to the PO and abusive partner she has. She is now in very good health living very peacefully with my beardies. The ******* wife beating male has supervised visits so I am amazed she got pregnant at all. If I leave them together he bashes her up until she has cuts. The picture of the pair are in my avatar. Also I have posted a few more.View attachment 290404View attachment 290405View attachment 290406 Ideally I would really like to get an established colony happening so they weren't so scarce on the market. Personally I have ackies and these guys are they are equally as nice. She pumped out 10 eggs in total with one slug so this amazing considering she is a only a small girl. Although now she looks pretty deflated. She has started eating again and will be spoilt rotten until gains her weight and condition back.

Well good on you. I look forward to seeing how you go in the years to come, fingers crossed you manage to get a colony going.

That male sounds perfect for your breeding effects. My first male baritji was very similar and proved to be a good breeder. At first I thought it would be a little too late in the season but then I saw your location. Good luck with your colony.

It's day 85 and I have candled the remaining 5 eggs and I can see little baby embryos wiggling around. I am pretty excited so fingers crossed for a successful colony.

Day 110 we have the first baby up and about. Another baby has just pipped the egg. 3 to go20130912_214937.jpg

20130912_214922.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back