Abino Darwin aggressive

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi! my snake used to be quite bitey when i first got her, but if you handle them right it should work out fine, make sure that you are feeding her in a seperate tub, not in the enclosure and make sure to handle her regularly, at least 3 times a week for about 20 mins+ at a time. also if she bites, i found i could give mine an effective 'time out' just gently yet firmly so she cant pull out place your hand over her head and hold it there for a min or so until she settles down, she will learn what happens when she bites :).

I don't mean to be so blunt, but do the exact opposite of this and you will be fine. Feeding in separate tubs only increases the chance of getting bitten, it also can stress the snake out. Snakes are not smart, putting them in a "time out" will do nothing but stress them out. Again I don't mean to sound so blunt, I just can't let all this bad advice go uncorrected. I always wait till my snakes are at least a year old to start handling them, if I do at all.

regards, Patrick

hi! my snake used to be quite bitey when i first got her, but if you handle them right it should work out fine, make sure that you are feeding her in a seperate tub, not in the enclosure and make sure to handle her regularly, at least 3 times a week for about 20 mins+ at a time. also if she bites, i found i could give mine an effective 'time out' just gently yet firmly so she cant pull out place your hand over her head and hold it there for a min or so until she settles down, she will learn what happens when she bites :).

Umm what? No. Are you seriously man handling your snake? She could very well injure herself trying to get out of your grip. If she bites you, you've done something wrong. There are many people who own snakes and have never been bitten.

Yeh I'm not that knowledgeable but still I wouldn't think of handling a snake that way, without bothering to start another thread what heat lamps are best for albinos as I've read there eyes are sensitive, I've been using infrared

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I use proherp heat panels, heat but no light, the snakes love them.

They look the goods, do they work ok through mesh or would It be better to mount below it? Thanks again for all the help I've still got a tonne of questions but I'll work it all out lol

They look the goods, do they work ok through mesh or would It be better to mount below it?

You don't need cages for proherp heat panels.
mount directly on the top inside surface of the cage.

The top of my enclosure is mostly mesh, can I sit it on top as that would be the easiest way for me? Sorry should have been more descriptive

Umm what? No. Are you seriously man handling your snake? She could very well injure herself trying to get out of your grip. If she bites you, you've done something wrong. There are many people who own snakes and have never been bitten.
hey guys =/ i didnt realise i was man handling shiva, she never seems stressed by it at all, she only ever bit me twice all up, and i actually havent ever had to use that on her myself, i was told that advice by a snake catcher who has aroudn 20 of hid own, and yeah =/ shiva seems quite fine to me, but i dont see how she could, if i was to injure herself, as its not like i would be squeezing her -__- you seem to think id be crushing her head goign no if i was to, this guy showed me what he did, said he has been doing it since he was born (keeping snakes and catching them) and they seem calm, healthy and completely fine. just saying

hey guys =/ i didnt realise i was man handling shiva, she never seems stressed by it at all, she only ever bit me twice all up, and i actually havent ever had to use that on her myself, i was told that advice by a snake catcher who has aroudn 20 of hid own, and yeah =/ shiva seems quite fine to me, but i dont see how she could, if i was to injure herself, as its not like i would be squeezing her -__- you seem to think id be crushing her head goign no if i was to, this guy showed me what he did, said he has been doing it since he was born (keeping snakes and catching them) and they seem calm, healthy and completely fine. just saying
U never squeeze a snake so what u have been told regardless of so called experience is a load of rubbish .... Feel for the 20 or so snakes!!

I've just gotten a striped Albino from SXR thats a bit hungry for my blood, but thank God she's not like most other young ones who want mice! I know in some peculiar cases Darwins take aversions to things, my classic Darwin from Snake Ranch that I recently sold had a field day with a black pillow case when her new owner came to collect her, never heard her hiss before in all the time I've had her and so loudly and continuously too and she tried to take the new owners face off. Maybe it could be something you have on you, a scent or whatever that the Albino doesn't like.

my question to Wings is why did you give a female snake a name like Shiva for, its a male's name?

come clean my jungles cages if u want to see aggressive snakes. They are getting better with size/age but

I'll have to find something to throw in to get desensitised from my smell, when I got her she was striking at the heat lamp luckily is was on top of the enclosure behind mesh

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back