gravid woma

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby

Reaction score
Hi guys,

looking for a bit of advice in regards to my woma. Pretty sure she is well on her way to ovulation.
My concearn is that she seems to have a little bit of unsheded shin on her nostrils. I have soaked her for a good 30mins in warm water, and still no success in removing the skin. Im still not even sure as to wether or not it is a bad shed because it wasn't causing her any problems before and her last shed was quite a while ago. she's very agitated in her rack, rubbing her nose on the sides of the tub . Any ideas ???

Cheers,
Mitch

when did she shed? if she has shed recently she she has already ovulated and probably just had her pre lay which means eggs arnt far off around 30 days (not sure about womas). id persist with the warm water method
Cheers Liam

when did she shed? if she has shed recently she she has already ovulated and probably just had her pre lay which means eggs arnt far off around 30 days (not sure about womas). id persist with the warm water method
Cheers Liam

Her last shed would have been over six months ago......

Soaking won't do much for shed on her nostrils, light spray would b better or wipe it with wet cloth. Is it gross looking? 6months a while!

Soaking won't do much for shed on her nostrils, light spray would b better or wipe it with wet cloth. Is it gross looking? 6months a while!

you cant even see the peice of shin.... she just makes that hissing sound when she breathes....

Mite have a RTI (cold), if u think she has ovulated, put her back on 24hr heat, will help with to help the cold n the eggs. If u can't see shed then more then likely isn't any, so don't soak or spray

A cold implies a harmless bug, a Respiratory tract infection is much more serious than a simple cold and usually requires vet treatment.

RTI is an infection in any part of the respiratory tract, most commonly a cold but can refer to pneumonia and any others

Yes but a "cold" is the name given to a generally harmless affliction, an RTI can be quite serious. My point is that playing it down as a cold makes it seem less important to get checked if it is a RTI and can lead to prolonged illness if the owner just thinks that it will get over its "cold" like a human would.

Rti in most cases can be fixed with turning up heat only severe cases need vet

I agree, but playing it off as a simple cold could have bad consequences if thats not the cause. Especially in a gravid animal.

Give it a day or two as long as there is no mucous or discharge around the mouth. My womas seem to loosen up around the nose and whistle for a day or two before shedding. If there is any sign of mucous in the nose or discharge from the mouth, off to the vet for antibiotics.

Cheers Liam
The last thing I would ever do is stick a gravid snake in a tub of water , I couldn't of anything worse for a gravid female as the water would cool down pretty quickly! Seems crazy to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back