Darwin in waterbowl

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldbloodedinc

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all need a bit of advice. My darwin has just recently started submerging herself in her waterbowl has done it before but now doing it for longer periods she doesnt have mites and isnt coming up to a shed got no idea why she'd want to be in freezing cold water rather than be warm. She spent last night in waterbowl i pulled her out of it i get home from work and shes back in it i have the correct set up and temps im confused !!
3yba7y7a.jpg

My Darwin loves her water bowl. Just chills in there. Water probably warmer but same same. No probs just a preference.

My darwin has done this before.. she went through a phase and now she doesnt do it much. Annoyingly hard to keep water levels up when they do it..

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

Nothing to be alarmed about if you're temps are right and there is no mites, Maybe shes trying to cool down but with such a tall enclosure i don't think that would be the case. Just be greatful you don't have cork-grandulate substrate haha. When my diamond went through this phase i would wake up every morning to find a python that looked like it tried to turn itself into a schnitzel !!

Probably a thermoregulation thing, maybe brought on by the tall enclosure. It could be that the water is the most stable option temperature-wise. Vertical enclosures are fraught with all sorts of temperature management problems - generally too cool at the bottom, and may get too hot at the top. Appropriate ventilation is also difficult without setting up a chimney-like convection. Horizontal enclosures are far better for effective husbandry - you can heat one end and the normal convection set up by this usually sets up a good thermal gradient throughout the enclosure.

Jamie

tunyvasa.jpg
pade9umu.jpg
tu9a5u7u.jpg
a few pics of my enclosures. Thanks all for the help appreciate it il keep an eye on her getting a julatton jungle tomorro woo hoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back